Greetings from Louisburg Kansas

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
rlhess

Greetings from Louisburg Kansas

Post by rlhess »

Hello, I'm Bob Hess from Louisburg, Kansas. I retired at the end of 2006 from USDA/FSIS. Thats USDA's Food Safety Inspection Service where I spent the last 37 years. My last assignment landed me in our Lawrence Kansas Field Office. I had previously spent 16 years in the Lawrence office from 1993 to 1997.

I started riding in my early 20's on a Honda 305 Dream. Then a couple of Honda scramblers (a 250 and a 305) I graduated to a BSA 500 Royal Star which a rode for a couple years. I was banished from riding when our 3rd child arrived and I didn't ride again for about 30 years until our youngest son graduated from college. I took it up again in 1999 when I bought a 1998 Harley-Davidson Sportster (1200 Custom). I soon found that 50 mile rides were about the maximum for me without taking a few rest breaks. It was a fun bike though. in 2000, I bought a 1993 Harley-Davidson Wide Glide. I made several trips to Western Nebraska and throughout Colorado on this bike. I sold it last spring but I wish I still had it. In November 2007 I bought a 05 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide Classic and soon after that I met Bob Hagen, another ROMEO at our favorite cigar shop in Cleveland, Missouri. Bob intrduced me to the ROMEO's and I made my first ROMEO ride last spring. Since then Wednesdays have become my favorite day of the week. I also have a 1998 Honda 750 ACE that my wife use to ride. She hasen't ridden since about 2003 but I still keep it around because I have 1 daughter and a son who like to come out and ride with me once in a while.

I'm already ready for spring. I'm just hoping that the snow and ice will go away and we can have a few nice days in the 40's or higher so we can get out and ride.

Merry Christmas Romeo's

Bob
Attachments
Bob's Harley.jpg
JerryM100

Re: Greetings from Louisburg Kansas

Post by JerryM100 »

Nice pic, Bob! That could be a magazine cover! How patriotic! I was waiting for the music to start playing.

Jerry
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
eric

Post by eric »

CIGARS!!! When do we go?

Eric
JRaider

Post by JRaider »

Hey, Bob, glad to know your in Louisburg. I just signed up as a Romeo and live in Drexel. I also retired from USDA in 2002. I had worked out of the Kansas City office as a claims examiner for commodities lost in shipment of donated aid, such as Save the Children and AID. Mostly third world shipments. Hope to see you on a ride soon. Larry Nunn