Lunch 11 AM April 13 Miracle Cafe, Reading, KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM April 13 Miracle Cafe, Reading, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

It seems like a miracle that we haven't been to Reading for over a year. So I think it's high time we corrected that and headed to lunch on Wednesday, April 13 at:

Miracle Cafe
103 Franklin
Reading, KS
620-699-3009
[attachment=0]105441.jpg[/attachment]

They stop serving breakfast at 10:30 and lunch begins after that. So if you want breakfast plan accordingly. The lunch special that day is "Cook's Choice" so it's worth the ride just to see what that happens to be. FWIW the forecast at this point in time is mostly sunny, light winds from the S/SW at 8 MPH and a high of 65. But I'd look out the window that morning to check for sure if I were you.

As Oral Roberts used to say, "Expect a Miracle", or as R. Romeo says, "Show Up at Miracle and Expect a Great Lunch & Great Company!"
Attachments
We had a nice crowd last time we were here a year ago.  And they have a great front porch for hanging out either before or after breakfast/lunch!
We had a nice crowd last time we were here a year ago. And they have a great front porch for hanging out either before or after breakfast/lunch!
105441.jpg (140.19 KiB) Viewed 915 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

RIDE REPORT: April 13 Miracle Cafe, Reading, KS

Post by schoolmaster »

[Youtube][/Youtube]It was about as good as it gets for a motorcycle rider today. Temperatures in the low 70's, sunny, light breeze and a great destination for lunch in the Flint Hills with a great bunch of folks. According to the Hoser count plus a late arrival or two, we ended up with 32 motorcycles and 37 ROMEOS. There was a nice representative group from Kansas City as well as our Eastern Kansas group so it made for a really nice lunch.
[attachment=20]1 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=19]2 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=18]3 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=17]4 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=16]5 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=15]6 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=14]7 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=13]8 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=12]9 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=11]10 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=10]11 (1).jpg[/attachment][attachment=9]12.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8]13.jpg[/attachment][attachment=7]14.jpg[/attachment][attachment=6]15.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]16.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]17.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]18.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]19.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]20.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]21.jpg[/attachment]
Lots of folks hung around quite awhile after lunch to visit. About 10 of us headed down to Americus to check out the new restaurant that just opened up there and sampled their pie selection. They've just opened up so we'll give them a little time to get organized before we hit them with all of us all at once.

Mel and Ken reported that Walt H. had a little more bad luck recently when he fell and broke his hip and underwent surgery in Manhattan to get it repaired. We all wish Walt a speedy and successful recovery so he can get out and about soon. We certainly do miss him at our Eastern Kansas rides.

It is great that the weather is finally starting to make riding a lot more pleasant. Hope you can all get out and enjoy some great riding in this beautiful spring weather and enjoy the spring color as well! It sure was a great day to be a ROMEO!

I also learned something today. You know those little signs by the road that have numbers on them, like 55, or 60, or 70. Well, I guess when the numbers on your speedometer say 68 and you are riding by one of those signs that says 55, you get to visit personally with a really cute, nice female deputy driving an SUV that says Sheriff's Department on the door! She turned on those red and blue lights just for me!!
Attachments
When I got there at 10:15, I saw Mike H. and Don's bikes already parked.  I thought it must have been the change to Daylight Savings Time and I missed it!!
When I got there at 10:15, I saw Mike H. and Don's bikes already parked. I thought it must have been the change to Daylight Savings Time and I missed it!!
2 (1).jpg
Isn't that a great sight; the bank and the church really look sharp with their bright white and red coats of paint.
Isn't that a great sight; the bank and the church really look sharp with their bright white and red coats of paint.
4 (1).jpg
5 (1).jpg
STOP and think about what you're doing, spend a little time in this beautiful building, and you won't end up in the little building in the picture above!!
STOP and think about what you're doing, spend a little time in this beautiful building, and you won't end up in the little building in the picture above!!
Wouldn't be an official ROMEO photo without bunny ears.
Wouldn't be an official ROMEO photo without bunny ears.
What a nice looking couple! Doesn't it look like they're having a great time?
What a nice looking couple! Doesn't it look like they're having a great time?
The Miracle Cafe is always a great place to have lunch.
The Miracle Cafe is always a great place to have lunch.
10 (1).jpg
11 (1).jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
This was the special and it included a trip to the salad bar and an iced tea for $8.50.  You can't beat a deal like that.
This was the special and it included a trip to the salad bar and an iced tea for $8.50. You can't beat a deal like that.
16.jpg
This hard working crew did a great job of taking care of us.  Thank you ladies!
This hard working crew did a great job of taking care of us. Thank you ladies!
We had so many that we overflowed into the main dining room.  Either that, or no one wanted to eat with this bunch.
We had so many that we overflowed into the main dining room. Either that, or no one wanted to eat with this bunch.
Allen, Harry, and Mel were enjoying a little time on this great front porch after lunch!
Allen, Harry, and Mel were enjoying a little time on this great front porch after lunch!
I wonder what number trailers go in front of the first three doors?
I wonder what number trailers go in front of the first three doors?
Bill and Don were enjoying a nice visit after lunch.
Bill and Don were enjoying a nice visit after lunch.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Parkville Rider

Re: Lunch 11 AM April 13 Miracle Cafe, Reading, KS

Post by Parkville Rider »

Did she get your autograph? ;)
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT