Lunch 11 AM March 30, South 40 Cafe, Westmoreland KS

Moderator: Al Hayes

swanee

Lunch 11 AM March 30, South 40 Cafe, Westmoreland KS

Post by swanee »

The South 40 is such a good place we always go there at least a couple of times a year and it's spring so time to head back. Looking like weather might be a whole lot like last week which was darn good, except for the wind. I'm afraid we may get some of that again by the forecast maps but hopefully not quite as blustery! Anyhoo they still serve breakfast until 1100 and after that it's lunch off the menu or their reasonably-priced special which is still a hearty plate of spaghetti on Wednesdays--check it out at:

South 40 Cafe
401 Highway 99
Westmoreland, Kansas
785-457-3307

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
Attachments
south40spec.jpg
south40spec.jpg (97.35 KiB) Viewed 1552 times
shoresr

Re: Lunch 11 AM March 30, South 40 Cafe, Westmoreland KS

Post by shoresr »

Guess who the "BLUE" finger polish belongs to???
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Is it possible to move our Lunch meet to Tuesday or Thursday. According to the weather its supposed to have strong thunderstorms on wedensday but clear on Tuesday or Thursday. :)

Wedensday Forcast.
75°
RealFeel® 74°

Precipitation 60%

Day

S 17 mph
Gusts: 25 mph

Clouds breaking and windy with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm; thunderstorms can be severe
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…
swanee

Post by swanee »

Hey Kai, unfortunately switching days could cause mass confusion once it's been posted (we only do that once a year for New Year's Day and it's posted well in advance).

Right at this moment weather.com says only a 20% chance while weatherstreet says 60% so who knows what'll actually happen--especially in Kansas :?

If the weather does turn out nasty wet we'll just have a small gathering and the ROMEO's who do show up will likely be driving cages including me.

Everybody's always welcome no matter how many wheels they're on so come on out regardless 8-)
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Okay
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…
ksubrad877

Post by ksubrad877 »

Blue finger nails belong to Linda H. , Topeka/Harlingen.
ksubrad877
DennisG

Post by DennisG »

I was going to guess Larry leeth. :lol:
swanee

Ride Report March 30, South 40 Cafe, Westmoreland KS

Post by swanee »

Was a small group compared to some past gatherings at South 40, probably because of ominous forecasts that turned out to be a lot of hot air (literally--a warm south wind with no rain at least not anywhere near Westmoreland anyway).

Still we had 13 bikes and about 20 people including a few of us who came in cars. I drove because my wet-weather bike was out of commission, and of course several ROMEO's could not resist being helpful enough to point out to me that it was not raining. I was vindicated on the way home by the appearance of what must have been almost a dozen rain drops on my windshield ;-)

As usual the food was good as well as the BS afterward and several took off for a ride down 99 toward some pie in spite of the headwind. A great time had by all and I'm sure we'll be back there again this year.
Attachments
DSC00171.JPG
Kai must have still thought it might rain too.  He parked "Bucky-style".
Kai must have still thought it might rain too. He parked "Bucky-style".
DSC00166.JPG
Why does Harry pack a kite?  He often gets requests to go fly it  then he has to show them he still can.  Get a kite up that is.
Why does Harry pack a kite? He often gets requests to go fly it then he has to show them he still can. Get a kite up that is.
DSC00160.JPG
As you can see it was just dry clouds--the "severe" weather was elsewhere thankfully.
As you can see it was just dry clouds--the "severe" weather was elsewhere thankfully.
DSC00157.JPG
DSC00156.JPG
DSC00155.JPG
Great to see Walt back with us today!
Great to see Walt back with us today!