Wednesday North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 1-13-16

Moderator: Roadpounder

Richard

Wednesday North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 1-13-16

Post by Richard »

Guys - Ignore my earlier posting of a no ride this Wednesday! Things have changed!
The forcast has changed considerably since my earlier posting and now they say the weather will be 51 degrees and very little wind. Just my kind of day.
I'm about to go stir crazy around here by not being able to get out on my bike. I went to Wendy's today for coffee and met up with some of the guys who thought we should give it a try so here goes..............

Here's the time....................................High Noon!

Here's the place.................................Panda's Kitchen
Just off of the Hesston I-135 Exit
Hesston, Kansas

After lunch we can peruse Dan's Cycle just around the corner.

I realize this is pretty short notice and that many have already looked at the website and found it to read no lunch so if you have a buddy, give him a call and tell him lunch is on!
Hope to see you all there. Hopefully on your bikes! Richard

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just in case you were wondering what I've been up to since the recent infusion of cold weather....I've been taking quite a few well earned naps and enjoying the delightful time away from the computer.

I have however been researching some new places to go should the weather relent and warm up a tad. But in doing so, I have discovered some sad news that has followed us about from time to time.
That is....I just recently learned that the little town of Delphos has lost its little cafe. Closed apparently for good!
A further blow to the same geographic area is Glasco. Its cafe also folded!
We have had a history of such places closing shortly after our visits. I could list nearly a dozen here and there that succomed to the ever increasing economic pressure these little places endure. Places like Dwight that literally locked their doors as the last ROMEO left the cafe. A few of us recall Barnard, also a short time operational cafe.
Some struggled to come back under a new name and owner but not many. Some merely closed for good!
So, never think that what we do is for nothing but ROMEO group enjoyment though that is certainly an important factor. What we do is indeed vital to the small towns we visit.
I'm getting an ever increasing number of calls requesting our visits. That is something that never used to happen but infrequently.
Last year, 2015, was blessed with great weather. There were very few Wednesdays that we didn't ride. I pray that this year,
2016, will be just as beneficial for our patronage.

As the New Year rolled around, I found myself looking at my retirement years already spent and have found them fun filled but lacking in certain ways I had anticipated prior to retirement. That is in seeing parts of the country that I have had a hankering to see.
I have asked myself why I havent accomplished those goals and the same answer keeps popping up.
The weekly ROMEO comittment. Now I don't mind doing this you understand, it's just kind of turned into a job. And I didn't retire to have a job. And, it's not that I don't enjoy doing this, it's just....well....keeping me from retiring!
So......here's the deal.......I really think I'm ready for someone to take over the week to week searching, calling, and planning involved in setting up and reporting on these weekly ROMEO rides. It is actually running quite well without much work on anybodys part now.
What does it involve? A call to a local cafe somewhere... or... my favorite on a nice motorcycle day, a great ride to somewhere new and different. A weekly notice posted on the website. A small write-up preferably with photos. I have a great staff of experienced photographers in place that enjoy what they do.
What's not to prevent YOU from taking over the reins?
Interested? Let me know! Minimal training needed! I'm always available to help unless I'm gone!
Actually, I would like to try my hand at setting up some longer distance overnite rides just to do something new!
Let me know if you're interested! They pay sucks! The benefits are phenominal!
Richard Kurtz

P.S. Check out the Ride Around Oklahoma (website below). If you havent been on one of these, this one is the 5th.
First one was Texas. Then Kansas and next was Missouri. Last year was Arkansas.
Don't let Oklahoma pass you up without checking it out. These things are a hoot. Kinda like the old ad from Greyhound. Take the bus and leave the driving to us except you are riding but all the pre-planning has been done for you. You just ride and enjoy!
If you once do it, you want to do it again and again.

http://www.ridearoundoklahoma.com/
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Boy am I glad I called a ride for today. Although it was a tad chilly to start out, it warmed up nicely and to top it off, I wore my electric vest for the first time this year. These things are the cat's meow! If you 've never tried one find someone that has one and beg...don't just ask....beg to let you try it out. You'll run right down to the store and buy one...guaranteed. Just don't lose the hook up wiring harness as I did. But, a quick trip to Dan's and all is again alright with the world. Elecric warmth is a life changing event.
Can't stay long here on this keyboard...Joyce is holler'in at me to hurry up.....'gotta go to church but just so you know, we had 15 hardy souls show up today at lunch and a great time out in the sunshine...on a bike...WOW! It kind of felt like summer snuggled inside my coat with the thermostat turned up to high. Then I brike out in a sweat and turned her down to low and away I headed to home. Full of food, full of fun!