No Wednesday ROMEO Lunch Ride this week!

Moderator: Roadpounder

Richard

No Wednesday ROMEO Lunch Ride this week!

Post by Richard »

Guys- Just as the heading shows, we will not have a weekly lunch ride this week due to cold climatic temperatures.
No doubt someone would show up if I were to call a ride but it would be totally unfair and completely unwise on my part to waste a needy destination for an insignificant turnout.

For those of you out there that are new to the ROMEO's, our original mantra, and one that I try to stick closely to, is helping the little ma and pa restaurants and cafe's located mostly in small communities throughout the State and in my area in particular.
We ride year 'round but within limits of safety. When temperatures fall below 50 degrees, I deem it dangerous both in terms of road icing and hypothermia. Remind me sometime to tell you the story about a throttle cable that froze open.

Hypothermia is constantly a companion on most any winter day with Joyce who suffers from an illness called Renaulds. It's a constriction of the blood vessels brought on by cold conditions which shuts down blood flow to the extremeties. It is quite painful to her and she is suseptible even to the point of losing fingers and toes due to the conditon.

This week, my weather guru informs me that temps are not expected to rise but to the mid fortys.....to cold for comfort for Joyce and certainly no place for us to be out and about on a motorcycle.