South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 14, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 14, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We haven't been to Durham for over a year, so it's time for lunch at the Main Street Cafe. The cafe is in downtown Durham, on Douglas Street, just west of the highway (K15) a block or so. Douglas is the main north/south street.

Durham is a little over sixty miles from Wichita, an hour or less by motorcycle. If you're looking for the quick route, I-135 north to Newton and then K-15 from just north of Newton to Durham will get you there.

The Main Street Cafe has plenty of seating, but the kitchen is small. Ordering the daily special (bierocks or baked homemade sausage on Wednesdays) will get you served more quickly, and it's always good. They also have a nice little salad bar.

Right now, the weather looks good, but it's hard to get an accurate forecast this far in advance. If Wednesday dawns wet, there's always the option of arriving on four wheels.

I'm riding the KLR and the Harley XR1200 for the next few weeks while my ST1300 is down for maintenance, so I don't have much (or any, in the case of the XR,) luggage capacity. If you want a t-shirt, send me an e-mail (there's a link at the top of the page, right side) and I'll ask Brian to bring one for you. We also have some of the embroidered ROMEO patches left.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, October 14

PLACE:

Main Street Cafe
517 S. Douglas
Durham, KS 67438
(620) 732-2096

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 14, 11:00 A

Post by roginoz »

Sorry to be late in posting this. I didn't get the book from Brian until this morning. (I was out chasing lost sheep before lunch yesterday, so he carried the book to Durham.)

We had forty-for ROMEOs, and forty-three motorcycles, show up for lunch at the Main Street Cafe. The motorcycles traveled 2757 miles, one way, to Durham. I got there late (see above) but they still had some of the excellent homemade baked sausage left.

Charlie will have some photos up soon; he's been waiting until I post my report.

By the way, our two missing motorcyclists are accounted for; nothing too serious, but they did miss a great lunch.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, October 14, 11:00 A

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos, including one rolling in as I was mounting up to leave..
Attachments
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg
p6.jpg
b1.jpg
b2.jpg
b3.jpg
b4.jpg
b5.jpg
b6.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T