South Central LUNCH Ride: Wednesday, September 2, 11;00 AM

roginoz

South Central LUNCH Ride: Wednesday, September 2, 11;00 AM

Post by roginoz »

REMEMBER: It's September, so we've switched back to lunch rides. (I can finally get those two extra hours of sleep on Wednesday mornings...)

The last time we rode to Kingman was in early last December last year. Let's head back to Jeri's to resume our lunch rides. We're usually in the back meeting room, so check there when you arrive. Jeri's has a pretty extensive menu, so there's sure to be something you'll like. I recall some pretty good brisket and a nice salad bar. Charlie likes the chicken livers, but he's going to be riding Pike's Peak. (I gave him a couple of restaurant suggestions in Colorado Springs, so he and Ron shouldn't go hungry...)

Kingman is only about forty miles from Wichita, but you can always take the long way home to get in a few extra miles if the weather is to your liking. Right now the weather looks like it'll be warm and dry.

Bobz Bikes is just a couple of blocks down the street and around the corner, from Jeri's. A lot of the guys like to stop and kick tires on the way home.

ALSO: We raised $56 to help fund the website for next year at last week's ride. Jerry doesn't charge anything for his efforts, but we do need to pay for the server, software license, etc. I'll be passing the souvenir Indianapolis Motor Speedway water bottle at our next two rides for those who would like to contribute but weren't at last week's ride. It's entirely voluntary, and contributions don't need to be more than a buck or two. I'll send what we collect to Jerry sometime after the ride on September 9.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, September 2

PLACE:

Jeri's Restaurant
312 N Main St
Kingman Ks 67068
620-532-5361

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central LUNCH Ride: Wednesday, September 2, 11;00

Post by roginoz »

We completely filled the back room at Jeri's today; twenty-four people, arriving on twenty-three bikes (and one SUV, ) including our newest ROMEO from Mulvane, Rusty. The bikes traveled 1273 miles (one-way) to Kingman. Some of the guys arrived early to eat breakfast, and may have left before signing in, so turnout may have actually been higher.

It was still a bit warm, but a good day for riding. Several of us stopped at Bob's Bikez to window shop after lunch before heading home.

We collected another $32.51 to help support the website next year, bringing the South Central total to $88.51. I'll send our contribution to Jerry after next week's ride.

Charlie was off riding up Pikes Peak, and I forgot to take a camera, so there are no photos this week. Just imagine a bunch of motorcycles, a bunch of old guys and one pretty woman and you pretty much have the picture...

We'll be heading east next week, and I'll get something posted by the weekend. We'll also be having a joint ride with the North Central group on Sept. 16 for those who can't make it to the fall rendezvous in Arkansas week after next.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350