South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 26, 9:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 26, 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Brian wants to go back to his boyhood home (riding Grouse Creek Road after breakfast might have something to do with it, too...,) and we haven't been south for a while, so let's go to Biederman's Bistro in Winfield next week.

Biederman's is located on Main Street (K-15) in Winfield. As I recall, there's parking on the street in front of the building as well as on the north side. They have a complete breakfast menu, and they will also have a breakfast special (eggs, meat, etc.,) just for our group.

This will be our last breakfast ride for 2015. We'll switch back to lunch meetings in September.

ALSO: It's time to think about funding the website for next year. Jerry doesn't charge anything for his efforts, but we do need to pay for the server, software license, etc. I'll be passing the souvenir Indianapolis Motor Speedway water bottle at our next three rides for those who would like to contribute. It's entirely voluntary, and contributions don't need to be more than a buck or two. I'll send what we collect to Jerry sometime after the ride on September 9.

TIME:
9:00 AM, Wednesday, August 26

PLACE:
Biederman's Bistro
801 Main Street
Winfield, KS
(620) 221-0888

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 26, 9:00

Post by roginoz »

We had forty people, and thirty-seven motorcycles, show up in Winfield for breakfast. The motorcycles traveled 1616 miles (one way.) I heard some good comments about the food (mine was pretty good, too) and the portions looked ample. (Cary must have had eight pounds of pancakes on his plate...) Considering how big the group was, Biederman's did a good job of feeding us in a short time. We also collected $56 towards support of the website for next year; I'll pass the hat at the next two rides for those who didn't make it this week. Charlie will have some photos to post, so check back if they're not here when you read this. I'll get next week's ride posted by Saturday.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 26, 9:00

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos here. Great food at the Biederman's Bistro today. We had breakfast here a couple years past, so the breakfast is confirmed. Lets try lunch soon.
Next week I'll be on a ride to Pikes Peak and west with a couple other ROMEO'S. Yep, this is a repeat comment, we bumped the ride a week.
Attachments
994.jpg
995.jpg
1000.jpg
1002.jpg
1005.jpg
1007.jpg
1008.jpg
1010.jpg
1014.jpg
1019.jpg
1026.jpg
1028.jpg
1029.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T