South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 12, 9:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 12, 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We've had our scouts out looking for new places, and this one has received the Lonnie and Charlie seal of approval. These guys have never steered us wrong, so I think we should give it a shot next week.

The Firehouse Cafe is housed in an old fire station in Hutchinson (take note, Beemer Bill.) They have a good breakfast menu (including something with chorizo, a good sign in my book...,) and Lonnie says it should be big enough to hold all of us. (We'll be in the big room upstairs.) There's no parking lot, per se, but plenty of on-street parking and a vacant parking lot adjacent to the cafe.

I'll be on my way home from the Indianapolis MotoGP, so Brian will have the sign-in book and T-shirts.

TIME:

9:00 AM, Wednesday, August 12

PLACE:

Firehouse Cafe
1824 E. 4th
Hutchinson, KS
(620) 669-8836

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 12, 9:00

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Pretty morning for a motorcycle ride!! We had 35 roll into Hutchinson for breakfast at the Firehouse Café. 30 bikes totaled 1500 miles. One member gets a nod for riding only 2 miles, while Irvin gets an atta-boy as he rode 95 miles from Wellington. Many enjoyed a nice 60 to 70 mile ride. The food was very good, service was friendly and quick for our large group. We overfilled the upstairs room plus a large table and several smaller tables in the lower area. ROMER'S was everywhere, but none was hanging out the windows. Overall a very good ROMRO Breakfast. Roger and Steve will be back next week, they missed a great meal today.
I had several ask me about my trip to Sturgis last week. I'll place a short post and photo link below this post that details my experience at Sturgis. If interested take a look.
See ya all next week, Charlie
Attachments
4-.jpg
5-.jpg
6-.jpg
7-.jpg
8-.jpg
9-.jpg
10-.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

I rolled to Sturgis Bike Rally last week, 7-31 through 8-6 I ride the 720 miles in a day. By Sunday it stated to become very crowded, Monday and Tuesday was unreal with bikes everywhere. I've been many times and have seen nothing anywhere close to the activity of this year, the 75th anniversary of Sturgis Bike Rally. There were 4 mile traffic jams, one plus hour leading into towns such as Keystone and Hill City. Parking was a challenge, just keep looking till something opened. Monday morning I was leaving Deadwood, passed a Highway Patrol and was handed a speeding ticket! It was a warning however, I was going 47 in a 45 MPH zone. Reason for the ticket, I passed him. So I suggest that you never pass a Highway Patrol, it upsets them! I had great weather while there, pretty skies and nice temperatures. However I had 75 miles of heavy morning fog, then 110 miles of rain on my way home.

Totals are not actually complete, but first numbers:
Attendance at the rally topped 1 million, (likely to be 1.25 million).
220 DUI arrests
203 misdemeanor drug arrests
99 felony drug arrests
1,500 citations were issued
4,557 warnings.
152 Injury accidents (69 last year)
13 people died (4 last year)

I have dropped in a link to my web site of photos I made this year Sturgis. This is a safe and secure site, no concerns of bugs, bots and email after visiting.
Take a look: http://www.pbase.com/flatlandphoto/sturgis2015 <--- click or copy and paste to see the photos. Charlie
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
BeemerBill

Post by BeemerBill »

Good pick Roger... I had no idea there even was a Fire House Cafe, now I've been there. Very nice ride, both going and returning. I would recommend this place also, you missed a good one. Later
Attachments
IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0018.JPG (168.36 KiB) Viewed 512 times
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG (132.49 KiB) Viewed 512 times
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG (126.3 KiB) Viewed 512 times
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude