South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 5, 9:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 5, 9:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

We haven't been to Pop's Diner, in Peabody, for over a year. It used to be called Sharon's, and was a block or so from its current site. The food is good, reasonably priced, and there's a lot more room than in the old bank building where they were previously located.

Peabody is only forty-five minutes or so from Wichita: not too far to ride before breakfast, and a tolerable drive if you have to arrive by car. There are a couple of options to get there, depending on whether you want to save time or enjoy the countryside.

TIME:

9:00 AM, Wednesday, August 5

PLACE:

Pop's Diner
115 North Walnut Street
Peabody, KS
(620) 983-2307

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, August 5, 9:00

Post by roginoz »

Eight of us braved the rain (not that much rain, really) and made it to Peabody for breakfast. I saw at least five bikes, not sure about others. Charlie is in Sturgis, and no one else brought a camera, so we don't have photos this week. Lonnie, Steve, and I headed out towards St. Louis after breakfast, on our way to the Indianapolis MotoGP. I'll have limited internet access for the next few days, but I should be able to post next week's ride after I contact the cafe to let them know we're coming.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350