TUES 7/28/15 CIRCLE C, PAOLA, KS

Post by shoresr »

Circle C RC s 002.JPG
Circle C RC s 002.JPG (38.95 KiB) Viewed 960 times
CIRCLE C CAFE 10:30 Breakfast all day or lunch
1305 Baptist Dr.
Paola, KS
913-294-5300 Tina

Gary's map makes it easy to plan a route and know how long it will take to get to our lunch. Thanks Gary.
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L

Leland and Slina should be back from the BMW Rally. I thought I would make this easy for them. ;) Everyone will be anxious to hear their stories. How many years do you think they have been going to this rally :?: Slina posted on facebook a picture from the back of the bike, that read 85 mph, 100 degrees and 672 miles. Whow, they are tough!!

Hopefully it won't be that hot Tuesday and we will see you in Paola.

**********************************************************************************************************
I went to see the Elio Friday 7/24/15 at Indenpence Center (MO). It really looks nice. $8600 and 84 mpg :!: Hope they can do it :!: It will be there through Sunday. They already have 45,000 reservations!!
http://www.eliomotors.com/

**********************************************************************************************************
It is not too late to go to Sturgis 75th Anniverary.
The group I am in had a cancellation and has one spot open. I am leaving 7 am Wednesday from DeSoto, KS. You are welcome to come along. You can't beat the price $200 for 4 nights in a dorm at a school in Rapid City. I went will this leader in 2010 we saw eveything. The riding is spectacular. This is a riding group not a drinking group. Here is a link to the pictures I took. https://picasaweb.google.com/1129917197 ... -TpxMXf6QE
This guy would sure like to sell this reservation. If you are interested email me at shoresr@hotmail.com
shoresr

Re: TUES 7/28/15 CIRCLE C, PAOLA, KS

Post by shoresr »

Our good friend Junior from down in Oxford, KS was thinking about coming up to our ride on Tuesday 7/28/15. He called me and asked me if I knew I had the WRONG date on the announcement :o It is just like I thought no one reads my emails. :cry: Anyway our breakfast/lunch is around 10:30 at Circle C in Paola. You guys got to keep me inline, somebody might read my BS ;)

Junior and his lovely wife put on the Fall Rendezvous. This is the 10th Anniverary and rooms will sellout fast. We always have a big group go down from this area. Go ahead and make your reservations. You are always cancel. All the information is in Ride Events and here is the link http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... =21&t=3627

Hope to see you tomorrow TUESDAY as always Paola, 10:30 ish!!! Sorry to have caused some confusion. Hope no one else took me literally :roll:
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

001.JPG
002.JPG
"ANOTHER GREAT DAY TO BE A ROMEO!"

The heat brought the crowd out earlier than usual and we turned the small warm little room about 4 times. We tried to get the fan to work, but after all 6'6" of Larry #3 couldn't get it to come on we gave up.[attachment=10]003.JPG[/attachment]Good to see Larry. It has been awhile. He reports that he has been doing a lot of bicycling. Now that has to be HOT :oops: Junior was telling everyone he has been to Alaska :o About the time you got interested he said it was on a BOAT :( Oh the sacrifices we make for these beautiful ladies. ;)[attachment=9]004.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]005.JPG[/attachment]I couldn't decide which one of this pictures I liked better, so I put them both in. Larry is with a realatively new Romeo, he has made 4 rides and bought a shirt, but I still don't know his name. Hey keep coming and I will keep tryin' :roll: [attachment=7]006.JPG[/attachment]Rog rode all the way from Topeka. Another new Romeo whose name I don't know. Looks like I need to get around and meet the guys.[attachment=6]007.JPG[/attachment]Corwin (on the right) started the Southeast Kansas Romeos. At last week's breakfast on Friday, Lyle the current SEK Ride Coordinator reported that the restaurant SO APPRECIATED the fact that he brought them to their restaurant that they gave him a free breakfast. I was so jealous that that had never happened to me that Lyle and Corwin came up from Chanute just the "rub it in" :shock: Always good to see you guys. Thanks for coming. If you haven't gone to SEK on Friday, try to, they go to some real nice places.[attachment=5]010.JPG[/attachment]It is unusual for me to be at a loss for words, you write your own caption for this one :roll: How about HOLD ON THIS IS GOING TO BE A REALLY SHARP CURVE... :P[attachment=4]009.JPG[/attachment] This was my table...boy don't we look like we are having fun. I might have been better off when I was sitting alone, before these guys sat down :lol: [attachment=3]008.JPG[/attachment]Two of my favorite people are back safe and sound. (He is sound and she is safe, sorry, it must be the heat :roll: Oh did I tell you I got on my bike this morning, ready to pull out and forgot my helmet and gloves :idea: Good thing was, I remembered them before I started the engine.) Leland and Slina just got back from a BMW rally in Wyoming 2400+ miles and Leland will be heading back to Red Lodge shortly. I think Leland is determined to make that 1,000,000 mile and I will bet on him. ;) [attachment=2]013.JPG[/attachment]Two more new to me faces. Welcome, I will try to be more polite next time and say hi.[attachment=1]012.JPG[/attachment]A coffee toast to you too. Doug I really like those glasses, oh yes, I forgot, you DO ride a Harley. :lol:

It was a fun day. I hope you had as much fun as I did. You know, no matter what problems are going on in my life I can get on that motorcycle ride to see you, sit down a have a cup of coffee and for a few minutes everything seems OK. Thanks for being my friend. Remember you are never alone with you are with another ROMEO!!

****************************************************************************************************************************************
Fall Flier 2015.jpg
Fall Flier 2015.jpg (89.29 KiB) Viewed 615 times
10TH Annual
Romeo’s Fall Rendezvous
September 14, 15 & 16, 2015

It’s hard to imagine but it’s time to start making plans to attend this year’s Fall out-of-state ride. Once again it will be held at The Hub Motel, Restaurant and Convention Center at Marble Falls, Arkansas, located on Scenic 7 Highway between Harrison and Jasper.

So come ride some of the finest roads in the country. From the Hub’s central location, the Ozark Mountain roads stretch out in every direction, and each one is full of sweepers, twisties and beautiful scenery for your enjoyment.

Room rates will again be $50.00 plus tax with two person maximum. Also, there are two triple rooms for $75.00 plus tax with three person maximum. So get your riding buddies and reserve your room early. Last year some Romeo’s came without making reservations and we had to send them to Jasper or Harrison for rooms. If you are coming alone and don’t mind sharing your room, please let Debbie or the Romeo Group leaders know so maybe someone can share your room. For those of you who made reservations before you left last year Debbie is requesting you call to confirm. There will also be tent camping available for $10.00 a night with bathroom and shower furnished.

The restaurant usually isn’t open during the week but Randal and Debbie are going to open it starting Tuesday for our group. But for those of you that come early, there will be a wiener roast around the camp fire Monday evening furnished by Jr. and Shirley with drinks provided by Bob Lee.

Tuesday morning we can order off the menu at Scooters Restaurant starting at 6:30 AM. After we eat we can go riding until we feel like we need some monkey butt powder and/or we get so hungry it feels like our big guts are going to eat our little ones. Then head back to the Hub and get cleaned up. Any time after 5:30 you can walk over to Scooters for one of Randal’s delicious hand cut steaks or anything else off the menu (everything is good!). Randal says he will also fix prime rib if enough of us request it ahead of time. After your belly is full, I’m sure there will be a bull session around the fire.

Wednesday morning, 6:30 to 10:00, you can top off your tank with a breakfast buffet and then ride somewhere fun for lunch like Gastons Resort, Oark General Store, Cliffhouse, and War Eagle Mill. After we return to The Hub we can get cleaned up, relax and then for those who would like to participate, a group picture is planned in front of Scooter’s Restaurant around 5:30 PM followed by a group meal and camaraderie at the Convention Center at 6:00 PM.

Thursday morning get up and cry a little, eat breakfast and start for home. For those of you who aren’t ready to go home just yet, I think Bikes, Blues and BBQ in Fayetteville is being held the 23rd to the 26th.

Restaurant Hours
Monday – Closed (free hot dog feed 6 PM around the camp fire)
Tuesday: Morning – Open menu – 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Evening - Open menu - 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday & Thursday morning – Breakfast buffet 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., $7.95 with drinks
Wednesday evening – Buffet 6:00 p.m., $12.95 with drinks & desert.

Until then ride safe and God willing, we will see you at The Hub.

Jr & Shirley
Attachments
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
010.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG
013.JPG
012.JPG
John D Davis

Post by John D Davis »

Roger:

Great destination - thoroughly enjoyed the members and the food :mrgreen: . And, yes, that is not Lyle in the picture :oops: :oops: .
Attachments
Lyle never looked this good!!!!!
Lyle never looked this good!!!!!
Drive now, talk later
alyle123

Post by alyle123 »

I NEED TO MAKE MORE RIDES SO YOU GUYS CAN'T FEEL SO FREE TO PICK ON ME. I'M NOT SURE WHO RECIEVEDA FREE MEAL, BUT IT WASN'T ME. AND THAT PHOTO A FELLOW WITHOUT HAIR...WELL, IFTHAT IS THE ONLY THING TO FOCUS ON A LOT OF GUYS LOOK LIKE ME! HOPE TO SEE SOME OF YOU AT ALTAMONT TOMORROW.

LYLE