South Central ROMEO Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 10, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central ROMEO Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 10, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Charlie mentioned that we hadn't been to Whitewater for a while. I don't know how it's slipped by, but we probably ought to get back to Mom's for lunch. Whitewater is fairly close to Wichita, only about thirty miles, but there's good riding around the area if you want to take the long way there or home.

Mom's Cafe is a little bit small, but there should be room for all of us. The Wednesday special is fried chicken, but there are plenty of other choices on the menu. They serve breakfast until 10:30, for those of you who arrive early.

The current forecast looks like the rain next week won't start until Thursday. Wednesday looks good enough right now: a high of ninety degrees, light wind, and only a ten percent chance of precipitation. Ride if it's nice, drive if it isn't.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, June 10

PLACE:

Mom’s Cafe
213 So. Main
Whitewater, Kansas 67154
(316) 799-1904

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central ROMEO Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 10, 11:0

Post by roginoz »

Good food at Mom's today, and a good day to ride. (OK, a bit warm, but we were grousing about the cold and rain a few weeks ago...)

We had thirty-one ROMEOs show up for breakfast and lunch in Whitewater, with twenty-eight motorcycles. The bikes traveled a total of 967 miles (one way.)

Charlie left after lunch to visit his dad, so his photos won't be posted until tonight. Check back on Thursday to see who was there and what they rode.

I'll have next week's ride posted by Saturday evening.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central ROMEO Lunch Ride: Wednesday, June 10, 11:0

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Leaving for Oklahoma after I post the photos. I'll be back in time for next week ROMEO.
There is a rare photo of me. It's a bit out of focus, but I look better that way.
And do see the last 2 photos of Larry Lee's Harley FLH Sidecar machine-
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T