TUES 5/19/15 BUCKSAW MARINA, CLINTON, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 5/19/15 BUCKSAW MARINA, CLINTON, MO

Post by shoresr »

Clinton Bucksaw 022.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 022.JPG (56.31 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
I am guaranteeing a beautiful day, so come ready to "kickback" relax and soakup some rays. Looks like Eastern Kansas has drawn another questionable "weather" day. Hope you can make this one.

BUCKSAW RESORT & MARINA (on Truman Lake)
670 Southeast 803 Road
Clinton, MO
660-477-3900 Eric (if you get lost)

It is easy to find or hard :roll: Study Gary's map. Gary's map makes it easy to plan a route and know how long it will take to get to our lunch. Thanks Gary.
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
The turnoff is west of Tightwad a few miles and east of Clinton. There are lots on signs on Highway 7. Finding this place is half the fun. DO NOT TURN INTO THE RESORT, you will pass the resort and cabins and go clear down around the point to the east side. There is only one road, don't give up, just keep going. We have been here before and they were very happy we were coming back.[attachment=1]Clinton Bucksaw 025.JPG[/attachment]The restaurant is in the dock on the water!!

Bring your patience. They are glad we are coming but a little scared. 40-50 was fine, but when a said possibly 80---there was silence on the other end of the phone. :shock:

A breakfast special of 2 eggs, hashbrowns and toast for $3.99
A lunch speical...Buffalo Burger and Chips for $5.50. Eric says this is really good and very popular.
Of course, you can order off the menu and breakfast is served all day.

We haven't been here since 9/4/2012 so it will be new to a lot of Romeos
http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... ksaw#p4880
***************************************************************************************************
[attachment=0]CCF05172015_00001.jpg[/attachment]
The ladies who visited with us in Wellsville wrote a very nice article about the ROMEOs. It was an advertising supplement in the Kansas City Star on May 17, 2015. "SUCCESSFUL AGING" :roll: I guess that is alright. ;)
I scanned the article and posted it in "General Discussion" here is the link. http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=3522 For all of you who have questioned my age, no I am not 65 and I am not trying to hide my age, I am 69 and will be 70 in June. You read the article too closely :lol:
***************************************************************************************************
OKAY I GET THE POINT :oops:
Tom K. posted
I was bored today so went for a car ride (weather forecast bad, and true to form). Drove to Orrick and Fubblers for walleye. Great meal for $8.50, and super service!

Randy has been suggesting this for weeks, I guess it is time. Plan on Fubblers this Friday May 22, 2015
Attachments
Clinton Bucksaw 025.JPG
Clinton Bucksaw 025.JPG (42.83 KiB) Viewed 3351 times
CCF05172015_00001.jpg
shoresr

Ride Report 5/19/15 BUCKSAW MARINA, CLINTON, MO

Post by shoresr »

012.JPG
ANOTHER GREAT DAY TO BE A ROMEO :!: :!: :P
016.JPG
Ron that picture is no good let's try another one[attachment=15]015.JPG[/attachment]I give up :roll: Ron's group the "ROMITOS" small docile group of eight Banditos :oops: Sorry[attachment=13]017.JPG[/attachment]Somehow Gary never gets in the picture. Hi Gary :lol:[attachment=12]001.JPG[/attachment]No one was able to count. We did a good job of spreading out from nine to noon breakfasts and lunches, but it was still a load for restaurant. Mick said, and I agree you tell these places 50 - 60 and could be 80 and they really don't believe you. WE MADE BELIEVERS OF BUCKSAW :shock: [attachment=10]005.JPG[/attachment]I saw some really great food and I saw some that was just average, but I heard no complaints. Everyone tried hard. I really don't mind pouring coffee. It gives me a opportunity to get around and see everyone. ;)[attachment=9]003.JPG[/attachment]I think Bill and Linda rode the farthest. Goggle says the fastest way is 2:28 minutes 156 miles and I am sure they didn't come the fastest way. 300 miles for lunch!!! No that is true "ROMEO LOVE" ... Linda always has a smile...Bill is that a smile :lol: Thanks for coming, nice to see you both. [attachment=8]002.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]004.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]009.JPG[/attachment]Two new ROMEOS (that don't go together) and I got to give her a kiss :oops: We had serveral new ROMEOs today and some ROMEOS we hadn't seen in awhile, Ruth, Paul and Tom. I hope you had a good time and will come back again real soon.[attachment=5]010.JPG[/attachment]Have you every wondered what POLAR BEAR RIDERS do when it is not freezing :? [attachment=4]011.JPG[/attachment]Now how is this for a "DAPER" young Romeo. Looks pretty spiffy doesn't he :?: [attachment=3]008.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]007.JPG[/attachment]I could not come up with anything to say about these two. You write your own caption[attachment=1]018.JPG[/attachment]New Romeo Richard from Smithville. Checkout Richard and other Romeos in the Photo Gallery. http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/posti ... 36#preview We need to add some more pics. Anyone can take them, Bob and I take the most, just ask.[attachment=0]013.JPG[/attachment]
A VERY GOOD DAY TO BE A ROMEO

I am waiting for a call back from Fubblers about Friday. They are not sure they can handle us. They are suppose to call this evening. Check back in the morning.
Attachments
015.JPG
017.JPG
001.JPG
006.JPG
005.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
004.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG
011.JPG
008.JPG
007.JPG
One of the "ROMITOS"
One of the "ROMITOS"
013.JPG
Bob K.

Re: TUES 5/19/15 BUCKSAW MARINA, CLINTON, MO

Post by Bob K. »

Roger, thanks for all you did to help make this a great day! Without your refilling coffee, water, getting silverware and more ( I think I heard you taking beer orders, too!) it could have been a much less enjoyable time together. What few plates I cleared was not near enough help, sorry. I think we all will step up and do more if this situation comes up again (and it will). Thank you again. Bob K.
shoresr

Re: TUES 5/19/15 BUCKSAW MARINA, CLINTON, MO

Post by shoresr »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: