South Central/North Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 29

roginoz

South Central/North Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April 29

Post by roginoz »

Some of us will be in Eureka Springs for the spring ROMEO rendezvous next week. Others will be on LongJohn's Ride Around Arkansas. For those who aren't able to make one of the longer trips, Richard and I have scheduled a joint lunch for the North Central and South Central groups.

The Whistle Stop Cafe, in Walton, is only about thirty miles (and thirty minutes) from Wichita and about fifty miles from Lindsborg; it ought to be convenient for most of the North Central and South Central riders. The food is good and the staff is friendly. You can't ask for much more (other than to be in Arkansas with the other ROMEOs...) If you're more of a breakfast person, the Whistle Stop serves breakfast until 2:00 PM.

Have a good time, and we'll see you the following week.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, April 29

PLACE:

Whistle Stop Cafe
106 W. Main
Walton, KS
(620) 947-1950

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central/North Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, April

Post by roginoz »

Moving this back to the top of the que...
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Big Text cause of the Big Group Of ROMEO's we had at the Whistle Stop Cafe' today! I counted bike 50 rolling in as I was rolling out! Safe to suggest we had more than 50 total today. UPDATE!! 76 total, WOW!!!! Thanks to all for showing up for the conversation, great food and good service.
Photo's below. Last three frames have nothing what-so-ever to do with motorcycles, but may be of interest to some of us bikers.
Attachments
1ONE1.jpg
1TWO1.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
RadarJetUSAF.jpg
RadarJetUSAF2.jpg
RadarJetUSAF3.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T
BeemerBill

Post by BeemerBill »

Brian, After you left with the book, more of the "north" group arrived, I saw 2 more groups come in, one with 5 and one with 7 I think... There may have been a couple more than that, but not sure. Anyway, there were lot's of ROMEO's at the Whistle Stop.... I meant to bring my camera to catch some of the later arrivals, but naturally I forgot it again. I heard the waitress tell some that they were out of this or out of that, I don't believe they were quite prepared for this large of a turn out. Great time. Later...
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude