TUES 2/17 JOE'S BBQ AND THE SLINGSHOT!!!

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 2/17 JOE'S BBQ AND THE SLINGSHOT!!!

Post by shoresr »

Click on that white arrow to watch this video and I promise it will warm you up ;) Turn up your volume and enjoy the ride.
The forecast Tuesday is not very good so I have tried to come up with something that we can all enjoy and that will make a bad day good. Most of us are having "cabin fever" :roll: and there is a lot of talk about motorcycles. I wonder if Bucky bought that MOTO GUZZI he was talking about last Wednesday :P

You have probably heard the BUZZ about the Slingshot and I know many of you have seen one, but there are a few of us that haven't. And this week there has been talk about recalls and some even questioned whether they were still being sold. With this in mine I have setup a visit where we can get the info straight from the "horses mouth". (Don't you wonder where that expression came from :roll: )
[attachment=2]012.JPG[/attachment]
Indian Motorcycles of Kansas City (10:00 am)
800 N. Rogers Road
Olathe, KS
913-839-8751

Craig is expecting us at 10:00 am on Tuesday and will have the "straight scoop"
[attachment=8]005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]006.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]008.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]009.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]010.JPG[/attachment]
You may have noticed that this is at an INDIAN Dealer, and they have a really nice selection of Indians. And they will give you a $1000 discount if you trade in your HARLEY :o

So if you want to see what Harley will give you for your INDIAN you can go right across I-35 to:
Rawhide Harley-Davidson
725 Rawhide Road
Olathe, KS
http://www.rawhideharley.com/index.htm

You might want to go see the Slingshot at 10 and a Harley after lunch.

After you leave the Slingshot on your way to lunch you will pass LETKO motorcycles. They sell KTM motorcycles. If you thought they only sold motocross and dirt bikes, check out this KTM Super Adventure for $20,000!! That is more than a SLINGSHOT :shock:

[attachment=1]KTM Super Adventure.jpg[/attachment]
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2015/us/stag ... bikes.html

LETKO CYCLE
12535 S. Rogers Road
Olathe, KS

[attachment=0]new+Z-Man.png[/attachment]
JOE'S BBQ "KANSAS CITY'S BEST BBQ"
11950 South Strang Line Road,
Olathe, Kansas 66062
(913) 782-6858
HOURS:
Monday-Thursday: 11:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m.
http://www.joeskc.com/

I haven't forgot lunch. Lunch is at JOE'S OF KANSAS CITY formerly OKLAHOMA JOE'S (OLATHE) they have changed the name . Order the Z-MAN and you can't go wrong or take a slab of ribs home with you. They don't open till 11:00 and there is always a crowd. They won't reserve us a place, so the first guys there, STAKE OUT AN AREA FOR THE REST OF THE ROMEOS!!!

Attachments
This quite a machine and it is a lot bigger than I thought it was.
This quite a machine and it is a lot bigger than I thought it was.
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
I don't work for SLINGSHOT
I don't work for SLINGSHOT
012.JPG
KTM took 7 of the top 10 places at DAKAR
KTM took 7 of the top 10 places at DAKAR
KTM Super Adventure.jpg (23.54 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
new+Z-Man.png
new+Z-Man.png (466.63 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
swanee

Re: TUES 2/17 JOE'S BBQ AND THE SLINGSHOT!!!

Post by swanee »

>check out this KTM Super Adventure for $20,000!! That is more than a SLINGSHOT :shock:<

The Slingshot in the pictures is $23,999 plus options. So you cut us a deal to get a special "ROMEO discount"? Wow thanks Roger :!: ;) :lol:

Discount or not it sounds like a fun day you planned--I will be there via cage or whatever 8-)
bucky

Post by bucky »

Bucky did and didn't buy that Motto Guzzi. It's a long story and can only be told properly if each person has a beer in there hand.
Bucky
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

Thanks for the response Swanee ;) **** I didn't think anyone paid attention to my BS :D :!:
I always appreciate responses and you are right!! But who needs a backup camera :roll: Probably me :idea:
Slingshot Models.jpg
So you cut us a deal to get a special "ROMEO discount"? Wow thanks Roger :!: ;) :lol:
Yes, I cut the ROMEOs a deal, ROMEOs can get a Titanium Metallic (looks grey and black to me) for $19,999
I am looking forward to a fun day Tuesday. Glad you are coming all the way from Topeka.
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

DON'T WE HAVE FUN!!! :D[attachment=15]013.JPG[/attachment]The SLINGSHOT has a backup camera :o Missy was having trouble finding the camera on the rear of the vehicle, but we could see her :lol: [attachment=12]003.JPG[/attachment]Allen drove in from Perry to see the show and fell in love immediatly with the the Indian "SCOUT".[attachment=14]001.JPG[/attachment]Our host Craig made sure the ladies felt comfortable in the Indian Dealership. ;)[attachment=13]002.JPG[/attachment]Then Allen saw a "blue" Indian [attachment=11]004.JPG[/attachment] and Allen fell in love all over again.[attachment=9]006.JPG[/attachment]Then I showed Alan the SLINGSHOT.[attachment=3]014.JPG[/attachment]Craig, sensing he had a "live one" jumped right in and told Allen the whole story. [attachment=6]009.JPG[/attachment]Larry was really impressed and invited everyone to get in with him.[attachment=4]012.JPG[/attachment]They had two Slingshots ready for their new owners with license plates already on them. It was hard for me to think of the Slingshot as a motorcycle, but that is what the license says :roll: [attachment=10]005.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]007.JPG[/attachment]Allen and I were waiting for them to open the door so we could take it for a spin.[attachment=7]008.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]010.JPG[/attachment]Melissa and I felt way too comfortable. Melissa thinks she would have no trouble keeping up with me on my Gold Wing. :x [attachment=0]017.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]016.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]015.JPG[/attachment]Lots of smiles, lots of laughs, lots of fun. It was truly a good day.

Bucky, everyone was wanting to hear the Moto Guzzi story. Where were you :?:

As we left lunch I heard several folks say they were heading to Rawhide Harley and I even heard one group say they were heading to BASS PRO. That will make you think spring!!!

Anyway, I never heard anyone say they were going to LETKO the KTM dealer I was further surprise when John had not heard of the DAKAR RALLY. In order to expose John and possibly some others of you who may not of heard of the DAKAR RALLY I thought I would give you some links. It is possibly the big endurance test of man and machines. It covers three countries in South American, lasts about 21 days and has 4 categories, motorcycles, quads, trucks and cars. I think you will find some of the videos very interesting. (A KTM won the motorcycle group.

The home page of the DAKAR RALLY. This years rally was ran in January 2015.
http://www.dakar.com/index_DAKus.html

youtube videos of the best bike, quad, car and truck
https://www.youtube.com/user/dakar

Images of DAKAR
https://www.google.com/search?q=dakar+r ... QsAQ&dpr=1

Red Bull video
http://www.redbull.com/us/en/motorsport ... 2015-rally

I hope you enjoy learning about DAKAR and join me in wondering why we don't have coverage in the US (or we have very little)

Take care, how to see you next Tuesday!!
Attachments
013.JPG
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG
010.JPG