South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 7, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 7, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Our first ROMEO ride of the new year; eleven to go before spring arrives. We'll keep on meeting each Wednesday, resorting to four wheels if necessary. It looks like another cold day coming up, so we're staying close to home again. (Closer is better when it's cold, in case we actually get a chance to ride.) It's time to head south next week, so let's get to Boudreux Burger Barn.

Everyone seems to enjoy the food and company at Boudreux's. It's just south of the Sumner/Sedgwick county line on Meridian. The address is 1499 N. Meridian in Peck, which is actually on the southwest corner of 119th South and Meridian.

Peck is about seventeen miles south of Wichita; it’s not too far to ride in the cold, or too boring to drive if you opt for four wheels. They don’t open the doors until 11:00 AM, so be prepared to kill some time in the parking lot if you arrive early.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, January 7

PLACE:

Boudreux Burger Barn
1499 N Meridian (SW corner of 119th So. & Meridian)
Peck, KS 67120
(316) 524-2763

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:
http://mapq.st/1FGty7L

BY THE WAY:
Don't forget to post your 2014 total mileage to the thread in the "General Discussion" forum. List your name, city, and total miles ridden last year. You can also add the bikes you ride and trips taken last year. I'll have a form at our January rides for those who don't use this website. Click on this link to post your miles:
http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=3326
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 7, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Sorry to be late in posting the ride (actually drive...) report; we started working on my '73 CL350 project right after I got home, and didn't finish until now. (It's starting to look more like a motorcycle again; I should be able to ride it to one of our lunches this spring.)

We had fourteen people attend in Peck today, but no bikes. Snow, ice, and about twelve degrees doesn't bode well for motorcycling. (You know it's not bike weather when Charlie and Ron both show up on four wheels.) Still, we had a good meal and a good time. I don't know if Charlie took photos or not as, there wasn't much to see except thirteen old guys and one pretty woman (yeah, she came home with me...) eating burgers at Boudreaux's. Good food, and very reasonably priced. We had at least three of our usual group miss lunch due to illness; hopefully they're on the mend and can join us next week.

Next week should be a little better, but it'll still be cold. I'll schedule something in close in case we get decent roads to ride on.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, January 7, 11:00 AM

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos below. Good as it gets burgers @ Boudreux Burger Barn!
Attachments
5968.jpg
5968.jpg (130.4 KiB) Viewed 450 times
5969.jpg
5969.jpg (135.36 KiB) Viewed 450 times
5973.jpg
5973.jpg (114.58 KiB) Viewed 450 times
5977.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T