Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 19 Perry Bar and Grill, Perry, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 19 Perry Bar and Grill, Perry, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

As of this moment, the long term forecast says "Sunny with a high of 39*". It's practically a balmy kind of day! So we're going to a new place, at least I couldn't find it in all the ROMEO archives for Eastern Kansas. Allen and I stopped in here last Wednesday and it looks like the perfect place for a little mid-November Wednesday lunch. Rumor has it that they have the best pork tenderloin sandwich in Eastern Kansas but I guess we won't know unless we put it on the list to try. That's the special, but you can order off the menu if that doesn't strike your fancy. (I don't believe I've ever had my fancy struck that I can recall.) So let's show up for lunch at 11 AM at:

Perry Bar and Grill
215 E. Front St.
Perry, Kansas
785-597-5295

BTW, they don't open until 11 AM so this really is an 11 AM lunch! On a personal note, this is an "I'll show 'em moment". I received my first teaching job offer from Perry Public Schools in fall of 1968 and the Superintendent of Schools was Mason Brunton who has long been deceased. When he offered me the job he said, "I'll pay you $600 a month for 9 months and the only restriction is that you can't go into the Perry Pub Bar and Grill." Well Mr. Brunton, I'm going into the Perry Pub, and no, I'm not paying back the $600! So join me for my "rebellion lunch" next Wednesday at the Pub.[attachment=1]l.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]l.jpg[/attachment]

This is the new link for Romeo Lunches: (hope it works)
http://mapq.st/1GYdNg7
Attachments
This is the dinner.  We're just having the sandwich for lunch!
This is the dinner. We're just having the sandwich for lunch!
l.jpg (39.2 KiB) Viewed 608 times
This is on the wall so it must be a good place.
This is on the wall so it must be a good place.
l.jpg (51.84 KiB) Viewed 608 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11 AM, Nov. 19 Perry Bar and Grill, Perry, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

The weather this month has been a challenge when yesterday at riding time it was 8 degrees and ended up in the low 40's by the end of the day. But today the high for the day was 36 and the temperature dropped as the day went along, but that didn't stop 28 ROMEOS from making it to the Perry Bar and Grill to sample the world famous pork tenderloin sandwiches. And I think there were 16 or 17 motorcycles parked outside so the majority chose to come on two wheels today![attachment=18]DSCN4382.jpg[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN4383.jpg[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN4385.jpg[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN4386.jpg[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN4387.jpg[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN4388.jpg[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN4389.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN4390.jpg[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN4391.jpg[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN4394.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN4395.jpg[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4396.jpg[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4397.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN4398.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4400.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4402.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4403.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4404.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN4405.jpg[/attachment]
It was great to see everyone and to have such a nice turnout for a fairly cold morning. Even though the temps were in the 30's, it was pretty nice riding with very little wind and lots of sunshine. All in all I think it was a pretty darn good day to be a ROMEO!

Since next week is Thanksgiving, after visiting with several people today, the consensus was to not have a scheduled ROMEO ride next Wednesday. I think many are either traveling or are planning on helping their spouse prepare the Thanksgiving meal. So enjoy family, friends, and holiday activities and be thankful for your many blessings. And we'll resume ROMEO rides on Wednesday, December 3. Man this year has gone by fast. Can't believe the next ride to be posted will be in DECEMBER!!
Attachments
It's a good thing no one got there too early today because there were a lot of shady characters hanging around outside the Perry Bar and Grill today.
It's a good thing no one got there too early today because there were a lot of shady characters hanging around outside the Perry Bar and Grill today.
DSCN4382.jpg (74.75 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Swanee and Hoser are looking good in front of this great mural.
Swanee and Hoser are looking good in front of this great mural.
DSCN4383.jpg (65.97 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Harry can't keep his hands to himself.
Harry can't keep his hands to himself.
DSCN4385.jpg (64.86 KiB) Viewed 470 times
And Larry #2 apparently has no trouble keeping his hands to himself!
And Larry #2 apparently has no trouble keeping his hands to himself!
DSCN4386.jpg (61.6 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Bucky's been to a lot of places and he puts decals on his bike to remind him.
Bucky's been to a lot of places and he puts decals on his bike to remind him.
DSCN4387.jpg (82.82 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Harry puts a decal on his bike to remind him where he's supposed to go after lunch.
Harry puts a decal on his bike to remind him where he's supposed to go after lunch.
DSCN4388.jpg (43.13 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Butch and Allen hanging around just north of the tracks.
Butch and Allen hanging around just north of the tracks.
DSCN4389.jpg (54.95 KiB) Viewed 470 times
When they saw this bunch starting to show up out front they came out and increased security on the front door.  Double locks on the door and bars on the windows meant they were serious about keeping the ROMEOS out.
When they saw this bunch starting to show up out front they came out and increased security on the front door. Double locks on the door and bars on the windows meant they were serious about keeping the ROMEOS out.
DSCN4390.jpg (53.4 KiB) Viewed 470 times
DSCN4391.jpg
DSCN4391.jpg (56.11 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Schawanna finally unlocked the front door, but checked us out pretty closely as we came in.
Schawanna finally unlocked the front door, but checked us out pretty closely as we came in.
DSCN4394.jpg (62.21 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Either we weren't old enough to try this or we were too old to ask any questions about the process, but I believe everyone passed up this opportunity.
Either we weren't old enough to try this or we were too old to ask any questions about the process, but I believe everyone passed up this opportunity.
DSCN4395.jpg (35.91 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Most of us were able to handle this line of shots waiting for us at our table.
Most of us were able to handle this line of shots waiting for us at our table.
DSCN4396.jpg (33.79 KiB) Viewed 470 times
It was great to see Harold, Jr. although as you can see he is being pretty closely supervised.
It was great to see Harold, Jr. although as you can see he is being pretty closely supervised.
DSCN4397.jpg (51.37 KiB) Viewed 470 times
DSCN4398.jpg
DSCN4398.jpg (53.11 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Now this is scary!
Now this is scary!
DSCN4400.jpg (57.41 KiB) Viewed 470 times
DSCN4402.jpg
DSCN4402.jpg (53.73 KiB) Viewed 470 times
I believe this conversation went something like this:  "Ma'am, may I please see a menu?  Pal, if you don't show up until 11:30, you will eat when I'm good and ready to serve you."
I believe this conversation went something like this: "Ma'am, may I please see a menu? Pal, if you don't show up until 11:30, you will eat when I'm good and ready to serve you."
DSCN4403.jpg (52.75 KiB) Viewed 470 times
I believe the consensus was that this has to be in the running for the best pork tenderloin sandwich in NE Kansas!
I believe the consensus was that this has to be in the running for the best pork tenderloin sandwich in NE Kansas!
DSCN4404.jpg (51.89 KiB) Viewed 470 times
When they got a little behind on the service, they called Kaylee and she came in to help out.  I think the ROMEOS were most appreciative of her efforts.  Thanks to Schawanna, Kaylee and the rest of the Perry Bar and Grill staff for being such accommodating hosts and hostesses.
When they got a little behind on the service, they called Kaylee and she came in to help out. I think the ROMEOS were most appreciative of her efforts. Thanks to Schawanna, Kaylee and the rest of the Perry Bar and Grill staff for being such accommodating hosts and hostesses.
DSCN4405.jpg (52.63 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster