TUES 11/18/14 THE BIG BISCUIT, INDEPENDENCE, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

shoresr

TUES 11/18/14 THE BIG BISCUIT, INDEPENDENCE, MO

Post by shoresr »

Roger on a warmer day
Roger on a warmer day
The BigBiscuit (breakfast or lunch 10:30 am)
16506 E US Highway 40
Independence, MO
816-478-6958 Jessie

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://mapq.st/1GYdNg7
[attachment=5]Alamo Burrito.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]BigBiscuit Menu.jpg[/attachment]
It is hard for me to get excited about picking a place to eat when it is so cold. So it has to be a really good place. I think you will like this one.

Google Maps :evil:
Google has changed their map program and we can't figure out how to make it work for our purpose. Gary, our "MAP GENIE" has spent countless hours trying to find a suitable replacement and I think he has done it. It may take a little getting use to but I think it is going to work. As with anything, change is not always easy, so have patience and I think you will like it.

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://mapq.st/1GYdNg7

After a few more hours of experimenting, I may have been able to get MapQuest to work for us :?:

Check out the following URL: http://mapq.st/1GYdNg7

Think this will work?

Suggested by the Polish Prince... Thanks Frank!

Gary
Parkville Rider

A link to the map discussion http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=3256

There are many folks that make the Romeos work, many behind the scences. Gary is one of them. Thanks Gary, (and Frank) this looks good. I think it will work.

If you haven't used the Romeo Map before it is a handy tool. Gary updates the rides as soon as the Ride Coordinator makes his post. So it is always up-to-date, at a glance, you can see where all the scheduled rides are located. We had alot of Romeos that ride on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. :o The map can also give you an idea of how far the lunch is, how many miles, the address, location and how long it will take you to get there.
front_5464c49537abd6.46981840.jpg
front_546267e1463935.08656532.jpg
front_546267c83e03e1.20489469.jpg
Melissa can't be with us Tuesday, but she wanted me to tell you there is a really neat place that the LADIES would like :o very close to the Big Biscuit. Old Time Pottery, 14221 E US 40 Highway, KCMO This is not just another Christmas Store. It is worth the trip and you can find some real bargins. 8-)
MOON SHIRT
MOON SHIRT
Our own Connie designed our "Moon" shirt. It comes from a different vendor and who has a 24 unit minimum. I had to buy some extras shirts to get those that were ordered. If you are thinking about a shirt, XMAS is coming, I will have them at the BigBiscuit on Tuesday. I also have a order in for the SAFETY colored shirts that will be in the following week.
Attachments
Alamo Burrito.jpg
Alamo Burrito.jpg (24.33 KiB) Viewed 806 times
BigBiscuit Menu.jpg
shoresr

Re: TUES 11/18/14 THE BIG BISCUIT, INDEPENDENCE, MO

Post by shoresr »

003.JPG
002.JPG
001.JPG
A lot bigger turnout than I expected. The food was above average and so was the service. It pleased me that so many are confortable coming out to a "motorcycle" group on four wheels. I DO try to make it worthwhile and something the ladies will enjoy. As I have said before you never have to feel bad about not being on a motorcycle. In fact, anyone who rode a motorcyle today, just might be a little on the "goofy" side. :o Our waitress was very pleased with the turnout and couldn't believe we came from so many places. She really wants us to come back, and we will. I noticed several filling up at the Quik Trip across the street where unleaded regular was $2.62 :!: No wonder so many drove. As I had hoped I heard folks talking about their next stop, Ol' Time Pottery, Bass Pro, and Donell's Cycle. All very close. It was a good day, I hope you had a good day, too. Thanks for coming.

On a side note----you may or may not know. We always call a restaurant before we post it on the website. We usually post the name of the person we talk to. We ask that we be seated in an area together. We would like to be at the same table but sometimes that doesn't work when we have a large group. Make sure when you come in, especially if you are early, you tell them you are with the ROMEOs, so you will be directed to the proper location. We are one "big family", no one has to sit by themselves. People are always telling me what a friendly group we are and that they feel more welcome with the ROMEOs than with any other group they have ever been with. That is a great compliment to you and THAT is because of you!!