Lunch 11 Am, Oct. 15, Cattlemens' Grille, Onaga, Ks.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 Am, Oct. 15, Cattlemens' Grille, Onaga, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

I would like to thank Swanee for doing a great job in my absence. It looked like everyone had a great time and we had a good turnout for this time of year. Also a big thanks to Linda for photos and Bill for posting the ride reports. It is sure fun to keep up with the rides when you are unable to attend and the pictures and ride reports really give you a good feel for how the day went. Thanks again to all of you.

Now for next week: the weather report for both Tuesday and Wednesday of next week looks FABULOUS! Hard to believe right now, but the NWS is predicting for both days SUNNY with highs of 71!!! So let's stretch our legs a bit and go a direction we haven't been in awhile to:

The Cattlemens' Grille
106 West 2nd Street
Onaga, KS

[attachment=1]DSCN3976.JPG[/attachment]
[attachment=0]DSCN3975.JPG[/attachment]
There are some great roads for riding up in this area so it should be a great location and day for a ride. She says the special on Wednesday will be a chicken fried steak with the "fixins" for $6.99 or you can order off of the menu. They are also open for breakfast if'n u're interested! (oops, guess I spent too much time in West Virginia last week).

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Attachments
DSCN3976.JPG
DSCN3975.JPG
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
swanee

Re: Lunch 11 Am, Oct. 15, Cattlemens' Grille, Onaga, Ks.

Post by swanee »

bump

PS BTW: They've recently started a "one lane road" (resurfacing) on 24 between Silver Lake & Rossville that can be a LONG wait if you catch it at the wrong time. Coming from the east might want to go up 75 to 16 at Holton or else take I-70 to exit 346 and go through Willard to Rossville. Maple Hill also works if you don't enjoy the steel grate bridge at Willard--it's fun :D
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Hey Ya'll. I just talked to Sharon. She is still going thru lots of paper work. Doing okay. She sends her HELLO TO THE ROMEOS.
Larry, she wants to get your book back to you. Wanted me to tell you she still has it. So, Bill and I are going to stop by and pick it up Wednesday morning to bring to you.
retreadd

Post by retreadd »

Hi Guys,

Linda took a PIC of Larry #3 & his new bike & wanted to make sure it would be posted.

Bill.....retreadd
Attachments
Larry's new HARLEY LIMITED with 153 miles.....
Larry's new HARLEY LIMITED with 153 miles.....
Group discussion.....
Group discussion.....
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

If you weren't able to ride your motorcycle somewhere today, I hope you get well soon, because with the weather today if you didn't ride, you had to be ill! I told the owner of the Cattlemens' Grill to plan for around 25 today and 24 showed up so I ate enough at the buffet for 2!It was good to get back in the saddle after being gone for a couple of weeks and it was great to see everyone that showed up today.[attachment=18]DSCN4259.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN4260.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN4261.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN4262.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN4263.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN4264.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN4265.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN4266.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN4267.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN4268.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN4269.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4270.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4271.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4274.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4275.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4276.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4277.JPG[/attachment]

I didn't learn until today that not everyone made it back safely from the Hub a couple of weeks ago. Roger Meyer and Hoser were involved in a motorcycle accident as they entered the on-ramp to I-49 in Joplin. I spoke with Roger today and he said that he laid his Harley down, and although still running, is going to require some repair. He suffered only scrapes on his left side, but pretty well ruined his jacket and pants. Hoser wasn't quite so lucky, he got a free ride to the hospital and is recovering from scrapes and a couple of broken ribs, and his beloved Valkyrie is pretty much down for the count after a serious encounter with a highway road sign after rolling down the road for quite a ways without Hoser on it. Sounds like he's looking for another bike and hopes to be riding again in a few months. We are thankful that they are both going to be ok and back with us in the near future.

Sorry for the late post, but the Royals occupied my attention for most of the afternoon and early evening. I'm still having a hard time getting my head around the fact that the Kansas City Royals are going to the World Series!! GO ROYALS!!
Attachments
It's that time of the year, and although this tree is in my front yard, it got me in the mood for riding the Kansas countryside and watching the trees paint the view.
It's that time of the year, and although this tree is in my front yard, it got me in the mood for riding the Kansas countryside and watching the trees paint the view.
Bill and Allen were standing out front watching everyone arrive and taking in a perfect fall day.
Bill and Allen were standing out front watching everyone arrive and taking in a perfect fall day.
She switched up the special today, and the buffet was loaded up with chicken and noodles and meatloaf.
She switched up the special today, and the buffet was loaded up with chicken and noodles and meatloaf.
Bucky struck up a conversation with an Onaga resident who saw all the bikes and decided to stop by and visit. If he decides to start riding with us, he'll be Larry #4.
Bucky struck up a conversation with an Onaga resident who saw all the bikes and decided to stop by and visit. If he decides to start riding with us, he'll be Larry #4.
The hilly main street scene in Onaga, welcome signs, American flags and all.
The hilly main street scene in Onaga, welcome signs, American flags and all.
John and Larry #1 were patiently waiting for them to get the salad bar ready.
John and Larry #1 were patiently waiting for them to get the salad bar ready.
It was such a nice day everyone wanted to hang around outside and visit.
It was such a nice day everyone wanted to hang around outside and visit.
There's a lot of shine right here, direct from Milwaukee and Spirit Lake, Iowa.
There's a lot of shine right here, direct from Milwaukee and Spirit Lake, Iowa.
The Kansas City crew was nicely represented by Mike, Don, Bob and Al.
The Kansas City crew was nicely represented by Mike, Don, Bob and Al.
This bunch hurried in first and got to eat at the grown-ups table.  Looks like Frank and Norm also made it from KC today.
This bunch hurried in first and got to eat at the grown-ups table. Looks like Frank and Norm also made it from KC today.
Larry #2 ordered, guess what--you guessed it, a hamburger.  He reported later that it was darn good.
Larry #2 ordered, guess what--you guessed it, a hamburger. He reported later that it was darn good.
DSCN4270.JPG
If ROMEO'S do one thing, they mind the rules.  And they didn't have any trouble following this one.
If ROMEO'S do one thing, they mind the rules. And they didn't have any trouble following this one.
I was going to post a picture of the items on the buffet, but I wasn't quick enough.  But this is what it looked like after a ROMEO did what a ROMEO  does best--eat lunch!
I was going to post a picture of the items on the buffet, but I wasn't quick enough. But this is what it looked like after a ROMEO did what a ROMEO does best--eat lunch!
DSCN4274.JPG
We must have been pretty hard  on these two today.  They made an emergency call for the "Dew" truck.
We must have been pretty hard on these two today. They made an emergency call for the "Dew" truck.
John E. made the comment that he didn't think he'd ever actually been to Onaga before.  Well John, you can now cross that off your list.
John E. made the comment that he didn't think he'd ever actually been to Onaga before. Well John, you can now cross that off your list.
DSCN4277.JPG
Speaking of Milwaukee iron via Topeka HD, Larry # 3 is keeping a pretty watchful eye on his new Limited which when he arrived today had all of 153 miles on it.  That metallic blue paint was absolutely gorgeous in the mid-day sun.  He said he bought it so he could have a new GPS.  Nobody tell him he could have had a new GPS for a lot less than he paid for this one!!
Speaking of Milwaukee iron via Topeka HD, Larry # 3 is keeping a pretty watchful eye on his new Limited which when he arrived today had all of 153 miles on it. That metallic blue paint was absolutely gorgeous in the mid-day sun. He said he bought it so he could have a new GPS. Nobody tell him he could have had a new GPS for a lot less than he paid for this one!!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster