Lunch 11AM, Sept. 10, Slow Ride Roadhouse, Lawrence, Ks.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11AM, Sept. 10, Slow Ride Roadhouse, Lawrence, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

This isn't a very creative destination for next week, but it's low risk. I keep looking at the weather and we seem to be in a rain cycle and the prediction for next Wednesday is 50% chance of rain, high of 79. But it's hard to predict when it might happen, so next Wednesday if it's raining, don your gear or crawl into your cage for a short ride to:

Slow Ride Roadhouse
1350 N. 3rd St
Lawrence, Kansas 66044
785-749-2727
[attachment=1]DSCN3215.jpg[/attachment]
They don't serve breakfast and open at 11 but she said she'd open the doors early for you early birds. The special for next week is chicken fried steak and as I recall it's pretty tasty. [attachment=0]DSCN3225.jpg[/attachment]They are always excited about us coming so let's hope for decent weather and a good turnout.

On another topic, if you're reading this, you're aware of the value of having the website. Jerry maintains the website and forum, but there are costs for retaining the domain name, hosting service, and software. Jerry has also expressed a desire to have an off-site backup service and convert to an enhanced version of the software. We're getting more and more traffic on the site, and there's a lot of data stored, plus the amount of data is requiring us to move to a bigger hosting service. The website has become pretty sophisticated and we are attracting more and more numbers, and the website has played a role in increasing our popularity and accessibility to more riders.

If each of us donates a couple of bucks, we can pay for next year's maintenance and some improvements. I'll start collecting voluntary contributions at the next ride, Sept. 10, and continue to accept donations through October 15. After that, I'll send the money to Jerry. I will also be collecting at the ROMEO Rendezvous at the Hub in a couple of weeks; you can give either way. This whole ROMEO thing works pretty well for a minimally organized operation with no budget. You've all supported the process in the past, and I know you'll continue to do so. So if you're able chip in a couple of bucks to allow us to continue to communicate effectively please consider helping out.

Hope to see you at the Slow Ride next Wednesday!

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Attachments
DSCN3215.jpg
DSCN3215.jpg (163.89 KiB) Viewed 716 times
DSCN3225.jpg
DSCN3225.jpg (144.2 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Last edited by Parkville Rider on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Romeo Lunch Ride Map
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11AM, Sept. 10, Slow Ride Roadhouse, Lawrence, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

Early this morning it looked like the Eastern Kansas ROMEO'S were cursed again by the weather gods as it was raining steadily up until around 7:30. But it slowly tapered off and we had around 30 in attendance today even if there were several that arrived in what didn't resemble motorcycle riding gear, but a pretty sizable number rode too.There were quite a number visiting in the parking lot when I arrived around 10:30 as it was rather pleasant hanging around outside.[attachment=18]DSCN4019.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN4020.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN4021.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN4022.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN4023.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN4018.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN4024.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN4025.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN4033.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN4026.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN4027.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN4028.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN4029.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN4030.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN4031.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN4034.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN4035.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN4037.JPG[/attachment]

A great big thanks to all of you that contributed so generously to keep the web site going and improve the service. I think everyone appreciates Jerry's work to maintain it and realizes as well that it is the tool that makes this organization work so conveniently for everyone. We raised another $85.00 today so Roger and I will add the two days together and combine it with what we collect at the Rendezvous next week and we should be set to upgrade the service and be in business for another year. Thank you again for your generous support.

Some of our group will be attending the Rendezvous in Marble Falls, Arkansas next week, but there are a lot of us that can't or won't be there and still want a place to ride. I am working on a spot for next week and as soon as I get a handle on the weather for next Wednesday I'll make arrangements for us to have a destination. I will be at the Rendezvous and Swanee will be in Tennessee, but I will post the ride and would appreciate it if someone could take some pictures and/or do a brief ride report. Sorry I forgot to ask someone today, but hopefully someone will be willing to report.

Turned out to be another great day to be a ROMEO!

Gary will soon provide a link to rides next week at:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Attachments
Bill was the official parking lot greeter this morning.
Bill was the official parking lot greeter this morning.
It looked like the "Larrys were picking up where they left off yesterday...
It looked like the "Larrys were picking up where they left off yesterday...
…but Keith stepped in and kept things from getting crazy. Cliff was relieved to know everything was alright.
…but Keith stepped in and kept things from getting crazy. Cliff was relieved to know everything was alright.
Wayne joined us from Leavenworth today and he's relaxing while holding up that bike.
Wayne joined us from Leavenworth today and he's relaxing while holding up that bike.
Bill and Harold were engaged in a serious conversation.  Wish I could have heard what that was all about.
Bill and Harold were engaged in a serious conversation. Wish I could have heard what that was all about.
Some of the ladies were the first to make the move from the parking lot inside.
Some of the ladies were the first to make the move from the parking lot inside.
They always make us feel welcome at the Slow Ride.
They always make us feel welcome at the Slow Ride.
They were ready for us with the chicken fried steak special as advertised...
They were ready for us with the chicken fried steak special as advertised...
…and it was good as I remembered it from last year. I think about 90% of the orders that came out of the kitchen were for the chicken fried steak!
…and it was good as I remembered it from last year. I think about 90% of the orders that came out of the kitchen were for the chicken fried steak!
An Indian and a pig went into a bar...
An Indian and a pig went into a bar...
Harold, Connie and Roger wanted you to see that they made it to lunch today.  They came riding in from the north.
Harold, Connie and Roger wanted you to see that they made it to lunch today. They came riding in from the north.
A nice portrait for the family album don't you think?
A nice portrait for the family album don't you think?
DSCN4029.JPG
DSCN4030.JPG
DSCN4031.JPG
DSCN4034.JPG
This really is a biker bar!
This really is a biker bar!
DSCN4036.JPG
DSCN4037.JPG
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Mick I will take some pics next week for you.
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Thanks Linda. I appreciate it. Didn't know whether you and Bill were going to the Hub or not. You always do a great job. Thanks again.
Mick
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Rasz49

Post by Rasz49 »

Little off color about going into a bar isn't it? And am I missing something? I don't see Harold.