Lunch 11AM, Aug. 27 Main Street Restaurant, Nortonville, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11AM, Aug. 27 Main Street Restaurant, Nortonville, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

The weather is supposed to break a little this weekend, with a bit cooler temperatures on tap by Wednesday, August 27. This will be a lunch ride as this place is not open for breakfast during the week, but she will open around 10:30 for lunch for us on that day. We stopped in here for pie a few weeks ago and the pie is homemade with a nice selection. (How can you go wrong when there is a neon sign in the window advertising "fresh pie today"?)

The menu is extensive and they will have a special, yet to be determined. This restaurant is open under new management so lets get them off to a good start. See you for lunch at 11AM (she will open a bit early at 10:30 for us) at the:

Main Street Restaurant
524 Main Street
Nortonville, Kansas
913-886-2220
Danielle Smith

Hope to see you next Wednesday around 10:30!

Click here for directions to all ROMEO rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
lindad608

Re: Lunch 11AM, Aug. 27 Main Street Restaurant, Nortonville,

Post by lindad608 »

Anyone have an update about Harold Jr?
Hope everything is going well.
swanee

Post by swanee »

>Anyone have an update about Harold Jr?
Hope everything is going well.<

Linda, Bill and other Romeos,
Harold Jr is mending but apparently the shoulder will take some time. He's started physical therapy on it and doctors are still limiting his activity. Might be several more weeks before he can get back to see us and that will be on 4 wheels.

He said to thank everybody for their concern and prayers--apparently he's had problems with his login on this website so he can't post a reply. I suggested he just set up a whole new user account so I think he's going to try that.
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

The weather looked a little threatening, especially in the north, this morning. But aside from a few sprinkles around Nortonville, it was a beautiful morning to ride. In fact, it actually felt a little chilly, and with the corn starting to turn, one gets the feeling that fall is upon us. The Main Street Cafe in Nortonville turned out to be a real winner. The restaurant is spacious, nicely decorated, the food was excellent, and Danielle and her staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome.[attachment=21]DSCN3977.JPG[/attachment][attachment=19]DSCN3979.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN3980.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3981.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3982.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3985.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3989.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3983.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3984.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3987.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3988.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3990.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3992.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3993.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3994.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3996.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3997.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3998.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3999.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN4000.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN4002.JPG[/attachment]
It didn't get nearly as hot or humid this afternoon as it has been, so it made for a really pleasant ride home, even getting home after 3:00. Did a little restaurant scouting up in that area on the way home looking for future lunch places and found a couple of keepers--stay tuned! Another great day to be a ROMEO!!!!
Attachments
When I arrived about 10, there was already a motley crew assembled on the street, waiting to strap on the lunch feedbag.
When I arrived about 10, there was already a motley crew assembled on the street, waiting to strap on the lunch feedbag.
Just hanging around, waiting for something to happen.
Just hanging around, waiting for something to happen.
These folks were waiting right by the door, eagerly awaiting the call to lunch!
These folks were waiting right by the door, eagerly awaiting the call to lunch!
Roger complained that the first pic I took of him wasn't very good so I got a close-up.  Those adult diapers must work pretty well, but I think he needs the full length model.
Roger complained that the first pic I took of him wasn't very good so I got a close-up. Those adult diapers must work pretty well, but I think he needs the full length model.
The only incident we had this morning was when the restaurant owner's dad came outside and wanted to know who the hell parked on the sidewalk.  Guess what, this isn't the first time he's been ordered to get his bike off the sidewalk. At least this time it wasn't law enforcement.
The only incident we had this morning was when the restaurant owner's dad came outside and wanted to know who the hell parked on the sidewalk. Guess what, this isn't the first time he's been ordered to get his bike off the sidewalk. At least this time it wasn't law enforcement.
They have a little railroad theme going here at the Main Street Cafe.
They have a little railroad theme going here at the Main Street Cafe.
The special was so fresh we got to watch Danielle write it on the board.
The special was so fresh we got to watch Danielle write it on the board.
And man was that thick slice of pork loin tasty!
And man was that thick slice of pork loin tasty!
DSCN3983.JPG
DSCN3984.JPG
DSCN3987.JPG
DSCN3988.JPG
The Pickett's made it today.  In fact, they were the ones who told me a few weeks ago I needed to check this place out.
The Pickett's made it today. In fact, they were the ones who told me a few weeks ago I needed to check this place out.
Mike's gang arrived just in time for lunch.  You can almost set your watch by this bunch arriving just exactly on the scheduled time for lunch.
Mike's gang arrived just in time for lunch. You can almost set your watch by this bunch arriving just exactly on the scheduled time for lunch.
DSCN3993.JPG
A nice lineup of bikes!
A nice lineup of bikes!
DSCN3996.JPG
A nice main street tribute to those who gave their lives in service to their country.
A nice main street tribute to those who gave their lives in service to their country.
Some interesting old buildings a little long in the tooth.
Some interesting old buildings a little long in the tooth.
Roger Shores and I walked down to look inside these old buildings, and what looked vacant from a distance, was certainly not the case when we peered inside.  This was the scene…just a lot of dolls (at least I hope that's what they were), just a little creepy!
Roger Shores and I walked down to look inside these old buildings, and what looked vacant from a distance, was certainly not the case when we peered inside. This was the scene…just a lot of dolls (at least I hope that's what they were), just a little creepy!
As eager as everyone was for them to open the doors for lunch, no one seemed in a big hurry to leave after they ate.
As eager as everyone was for them to open the doors for lunch, no one seemed in a big hurry to leave after they ate.
This will give you a pretty good idea about how much Swanee pays for his cigars.  No wonder everybody tries to stay upwind from him after lunch.  Just really hard to find a good 5 cent cigar these days, but he did it!
This will give you a pretty good idea about how much Swanee pays for his cigars. No wonder everybody tries to stay upwind from him after lunch. Just really hard to find a good 5 cent cigar these days, but he did it!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster