Lunch 11 AM, August 6, Aunt Netter's Cafe, LeCompton, Ks.

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, August 6, Aunt Netter's Cafe, LeCompton, Ks.

Post by schoolmaster »

It looks like it could warm up a little next week, but still pretty nice for Kansas in August. Besides, most of you are home in time for your nap before the temperature ever gets warm enough to even be a little uncomfortable. So this week we are going someplace where you can accomplish several things:

1. You can have breakfast or lunch-you choose. If BE's (breakfast eaters) arrive around 9 and LE's (you can figure out the code now) hit sometime around 10:30, you might actually get to talk to each other in the process, AND you can still get fed. [attachment=7]10382224_452811324862054_7417280356015455840_o.jpg[/attachment]

2. You can learn a little Kansas history.[attachment=6]DSCN3890.JPG[/attachment]

3. You can get dessert that is quickly becoming famous![attachment=5]431202_147851932024663_148380826_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]10492183_451014738375046_5899028490455318604_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]10537899_451818184961368_6154022569079805222_n.jpg[/attachment]

4. You can eat in, in a new really cool space...[attachment=2]DSCN3863.JPG[/attachment]

5. You can eat in the nice shady park just outside the door...[attachment=1]10387481_435427109933809_2738571791171087009_n.jpg[/attachment]

6. There will be no test on Kansas history at the end of the visit. Whew…!!!!!

And this is where all this happens.[attachment=0]DSCN3864.JPG[/attachment]

So just in case you want to cut to the chase, don't read all this crap above and just show up whenever and do whatever the hell you want, but eat at:

Aunt Netter's Cafe
336 Elmore
Lecompton, Kansas
785-503-6004

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
Attachments
This is a sample from last week.  they are closed this week for vacation.
This is a sample from last week. they are closed this week for vacation.
Look at all the cool stuff there is to do! And they are open on Wednesdays!
Look at all the cool stuff there is to do! And they are open on Wednesdays!
Man do these smell good… mmmmmm...
Man do these smell good… mmmmmm...
People are driving from all around just to taste these...
People are driving from all around just to taste these...
You can impress someone at home by taking these home, sort of a kitchen pass…They'll even wrap 'em up nice.
You can impress someone at home by taking these home, sort of a kitchen pass…They'll even wrap 'em up nice.
DSCN3863.JPG
This is how you can find it outside from just driving around.
This is how you can find it outside from just driving around.
You can also use this as a visual cue.
You can also use this as a visual cue.
Last edited by schoolmaster on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
Parkville Rider

Re: Lunch 11 AM, August 6, Aunt Netter's Cafe, LeCompton, Ks

Post by Parkville Rider »

Mick,

I like your style! :D
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
DennisG

Post by DennisG »

I should be able to get there without a speeding ticket since I live two blocks away. Dennis on the run! :roll:
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Although finding the right street to turn down to get to Aunt Netter's seemed to be the biggest challenge of the day in Lecompton. But according to Jamin, the co-owner and chef, 65 ROMEO's managed to make their way to the counter to order either lunch or breakfast.[attachment=27]10387481_435427109933809_2738571791171087009_n.jpg[/attachment][attachment=26]DSCN3891.JPG[/attachment][attachment=25]DSCN3893.JPG[/attachment][attachment=24]DSCN3894.JPG[/attachment][attachment=23]DSCN3895.JPG[/attachment][attachment=22]DSCN3896.JPG[/attachment][attachment=21]DSCN3897.JPG[/attachment][attachment=20]DSCN3898.JPG[/attachment][attachment=19]DSCN3899.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN3900.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3902.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3903.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3904.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3915.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3916.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3914.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3913.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3908.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3909.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3907.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3922.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3910.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3918.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3906.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3905.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3920.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3919.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3921.JPG[/attachment]
It did start to warm up this afternoon, but if you were home by 1:45 or so, you probably didn't notice while you were taking your nap. Aunt Netter did a nice job of getting us fed and there were some great roads to ride around LeCompton, so all in all I think it was a great day to be a ROMEO! See you down the road in a week or so.
Attachments
This sign marks the spot of today's lunch.
This sign marks the spot of today's lunch.
Dennis was able to avoid a speeding ticket because he rode the "Green Wing".  Notice the dual pipes on that baby.
Dennis was able to avoid a speeding ticket because he rode the "Green Wing". Notice the dual pipes on that baby.
We need to get these two a couple of ROMEO shirts.  They did get the best parking.
We need to get these two a couple of ROMEO shirts. They did get the best parking.
Randy rode all the way from Butler for breakfast with the "Green Winger".
Randy rode all the way from Butler for breakfast with the "Green Winger".
DSCN3895.JPG
DSCN3896.JPG
They'll even go to LeCompton.
They'll even go to LeCompton.
The specials board for today.
The specials board for today.
Jamin, hard at work in the kitchen. Working on kicking out the 47th Low Down Special.
Jamin, hard at work in the kitchen. Working on kicking out the 47th Low Down Special.
Even Elvis made it to LeCompton today.
Even Elvis made it to LeCompton today.
The Community Building appears to be a very welcoming place.
The Community Building appears to be a very welcoming place.
A lone rider coming in from the north.  We just kept coming, one at a time, five at a time, you name it, until 65 of us made it.
A lone rider coming in from the north. We just kept coming, one at a time, five at a time, you name it, until 65 of us made it.
Not a lot of business today at City Hall, but that's ok, because there was no place to park within a block on either side.
Not a lot of business today at City Hall, but that's ok, because there was no place to park within a block on either side.
No place for cagers!
No place for cagers!
On either side of the street!
On either side of the street!
DSCN3914.JPG
DSCN3913.JPG
There were several nice places in the shade to wait until the line went down or for them to switch over to lunch at 11.
There were several nice places in the shade to wait until the line went down or for them to switch over to lunch at 11.
This crazy younger generation…can't seem to get along without their phones :)
This crazy younger generation…can't seem to get along without their phones :)
Corwin was in the house, all the way from Chanute.
Corwin was in the house, all the way from Chanute.
Corwin brought his son-in-law's brother, Doug Combs from Baldwin City, on his first ROMEO ride.  Welcome Doug!
Corwin brought his son-in-law's brother, Doug Combs from Baldwin City, on his first ROMEO ride. Welcome Doug!
Larry #2, dispensing advice while holding up a pillar… his specialty (advice and pillar holder)!
Larry #2, dispensing advice while holding up a pillar… his specialty (advice and pillar holder)!
Walt, taking a picture of Mel, to remind them where they were when they get home today.
Walt, taking a picture of Mel, to remind them where they were when they get home today.
Located right next to Constitution Hall.
Located right next to Constitution Hall.
Several ROMEO's took advantage of the opportunity to tour Constitution Hall, the oldest original wooden government structure in the state.  Floors are cottonwood planks cut down by the river, and siding is black walnut planks, also cut at a sawmill near the river.
Several ROMEO's took advantage of the opportunity to tour Constitution Hall, the oldest original wooden government structure in the state. Floors are cottonwood planks cut down by the river, and siding is black walnut planks, also cut at a sawmill near the river.
This building served as the Land Office for several years starting in 1854 and as many as 300 people a day stood at this desk filing land claims.  Roger tried to file a claim to set up a motorcycle based T-shirt shop on the street but the land agent was out of town for the last 1 and 1/2 centuries. So he decided it was ok to go ahead and set up today without permission.
This building served as the Land Office for several years starting in 1854 and as many as 300 people a day stood at this desk filing land claims. Roger tried to file a claim to set up a motorcycle based T-shirt shop on the street but the land agent was out of town for the last 1 and 1/2 centuries. So he decided it was ok to go ahead and set up today without permission.
This picture-gives me something to shoot for-the full beard look of Sheriff Sam Jones.
This picture-gives me something to shoot for-the full beard look of Sheriff Sam Jones.
Roger took this picture--apparently Melissa doesn't approve of my new facial hair so she thought if this was published, I'd see how bad it looked and shave it off.  I think Melissa has been talking to my wife!  C'mon ladies, this beard is about the only thing left I'm still in charge of!
Roger took this picture--apparently Melissa doesn't approve of my new facial hair so she thought if this was published, I'd see how bad it looked and shave it off. I think Melissa has been talking to my wife! C'mon ladies, this beard is about the only thing left I'm still in charge of!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
DennisG

Post by DennisG »

Your looking good Mick, Don't let anybody tell you different. :roll: You took some great pictures, and my grand daughter and me enjoyed seeing all of the guys and their bikes. Sorry the guy with the garage down the street didn't show up. It was a great day for Lecompton.