Ride report for the South Centeral group for 7-8-09

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
Bob Lee

Ride report for the South Centeral group for 7-8-09

Post by Bob Lee »

Breakfast Ride Report For 7-8-09
South Central Group
WOW, What a wonderful ride this morning.... I mean, they are all good, but some just seem to be a little better, you know? It was cool, over cast, and the hint of rain, which thankfully never came. The South Centeral group decided to ride west to Jeri's in Kingman for breakfast. Like always, everyone took different routes to get there, you know, that just right, perfect route that you know would be the best way there. Well, there were15 riders that thought it would be a great day for a breakfast ride, which included a couple of New faces who joined us for their first time, WELCOME and we hope to see you at many more. I discovered one thing this morning after deciding that riding west on 21st street out of Wichita all the way to the Kingman turn off was my perfect route. That there is NO SIGN out west on 21st street indicating where to turn off for Kingman.... After a while, I started thinking " I should have seen a sign by now", and finlly decided to head south at Penolosa, Ks. I rode south to 54 highway and seen a sigh stating that Kingman was 11 miles BACK EAST.... DANG !!! Oh well, as I stated, it was a beautiful morning for a ride (Ha-Ha-Ha)... I rode back east those 11 miles and arrived at the correct destination and saw a group of ROMEO's standing around their bikes talking. It looked like i had arrived at the right time anyhow. We went inside, had a good breakfast and returned outside after to do what all good ROMEO's do, stand around and looks at the bikes and B.S. a little (or in some cases A LOT ).... It finally came time to think about leaving, and several decided to stop by " Bobz" in Kingman on their way out of town to check on what they might have. Someone else will have to talk about what went on there, as I had to head out and wasn't able to partake in that part. Even with my extra millage (for taking the unscheduled, scenic route), I noticed that Avin still beat me by several miles. I had 130 miles total for my morning ride, Very satisfying indeed....
Later, By Bill Emond