Lunch 11 AM, July 30, Talette's Cafe, Tonganoxie, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

schoolmaster

Lunch 11 AM, July 30, Talette's Cafe, Tonganoxie, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

I think the breakfast for some/lunch for others is working pretty well because we don't overwhelm some of the smaller places we attend. Keith and I checked out Talette's Cafe a few weeks ago and I think it's the perfect spot for next week's ride. I told her that some of us like to get there for breakfast and some for lunch and she thought that was great as it would make it easier for her to handle a group as large as ours.

Just as an aside, we need to respect the impact that we have on places like this, both positive and negative. If we show up in one large pack all at once, it can create hard feelings for their regulars. They have their regular breakfast crowd and lunch crowd so if breakfast eaters respect that by showing up around 9 after their normal breakfast rush and lunch eaters arrive by 11, the regular lunch crowd can hit at their normal time and it makes for a great day for everyone. For me, ROMEO is not just about the food, but also the fellowship, so it's great if the early guys hang around after they eat long enough for the the later guys to be able to arrive a little early and socialize before they eat so everyone gets the benefits of food and friendship. Win-win.

Enough of that. Now for the facts. Breakfast stops at 11. Lunch is served beginning at 11. Talette's is a new restaurant, the food looks really good and the portions are huge. She can seat about 50 inside and has a nice patio outside if you want to enjoy the great outdoors. The Wednesday special for us will be meatloaf (sandwich or dinner). So lets all hook up Wednesday the 30th on the south side of the "main drag" sometime between 9 and 11 at:

Talette's Cafe
416 E. 4th St.
Tonganoxie, Kansas
913-417-7032

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled

The prediction right now for next Wednesday is a high of 88, so for this time of year that's about as good as it gets. Hope to see you next week.
Mick[/color]
Last edited by schoolmaster on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11 AM, July 30, Talette's Cafe, Tonganoxie, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

OK, so I was off about 10 degrees in my weather prediction for today, but in a good way! Left the house this morning in the high 60's and it was 79 when I returned home this afternoon. So for the end of July to be able to ride with overcast skies and temps in the 70's, if you didn't ride today either you must be dead, your wife is totally in charge, or you are waiting for warranty work to be done on your Gold Wing![attachment=20]DSCN3867.JPG[/attachment][attachment=19]DSCN3865.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN3866.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3868.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3869.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3870.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3871.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3872.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3873.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3874.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3875.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3876.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3877.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3878.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3879.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3886.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3880.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3882.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3884.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3885.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3887.JPG[/attachment]Thanks to everyone who rode today and enjoyed the ROMEO experience. A good estimate for attendance today would be between 65 and 70. With the wide arrival and departure times, it's getting very difficult to get a totally accurate count. But a good day nonetheless. Thanks again to Talette and her staff for doing such a wonderful job of accommodating our group and doing it with a smile on their face. Another great day to be a ROMEO![/color]
Attachments
There sure as heck weren't any ROMEO'S working or living in Tonganoxie, but there were a lot of them playing today.  At one count there were 60 bikes lining the streets of beautiful downtown Tongy.
There sure as heck weren't any ROMEO'S working or living in Tonganoxie, but there were a lot of them playing today. At one count there were 60 bikes lining the streets of beautiful downtown Tongy.
When I rolled in about 10:15, this was the street scene.
When I rolled in about 10:15, this was the street scene.
This was the other side of the street.
This was the other side of the street.
Taken from the street a little later.  Wasn't much room for cagers to park.
Taken from the street a little later. Wasn't much room for cagers to park.
This was the scene of the crime.  Their slogan is, "Food so good it makes you want to slap your Granny!"  I didn't see any Granny-slappin' going on but there was a lot of face-stuffing.
This was the scene of the crime. Their slogan is, "Food so good it makes you want to slap your Granny!" I didn't see any Granny-slappin' going on but there was a lot of face-stuffing.
DSCN3870.JPG
DSCN3871.JPG
DSCN3872.JPG
DSCN3873.JPG
The Parkville Rider was getting a little extra attention.
The Parkville Rider was getting a little extra attention.
Mike's grandson accompanied him this week to do all the "heavy lifting" Mike does.  The poor lad must be exhausted after picking up Mike's workload.
Mike's grandson accompanied him this week to do all the "heavy lifting" Mike does. The poor lad must be exhausted after picking up Mike's workload.
Since it's a service dog, it's ok.  I think in this case, the dog gets all the service.
Since it's a service dog, it's ok. I think in this case, the dog gets all the service.
The boys in the kitchen were flat puttin' out the food!
The boys in the kitchen were flat puttin' out the food!
DSCN3878.JPG
You choose-breakfast, biscuits and gravy...
You choose-breakfast, biscuits and gravy...
…or lunch, the meatloaf special!  I think more of you should have waited.  The meatloaf was delicious!
…or lunch, the meatloaf special! I think more of you should have waited. The meatloaf was delicious!
Unlike some of the places we warn we are coming, they ignore the warning and don't add staff.  But Talette recruited her friend Angela to come in and man the cash register, broken foot and all.  The staff did a great job of getting over 60 of us in and out in very quick order.
Unlike some of the places we warn we are coming, they ignore the warning and don't add staff. But Talette recruited her friend Angela to come in and man the cash register, broken foot and all. The staff did a great job of getting over 60 of us in and out in very quick order.
Another of the hard working servers, she was a sweetheart and had a big friendly smile on her face the entire time.
Another of the hard working servers, she was a sweetheart and had a big friendly smile on her face the entire time.
When the staff was too busy to man the cash register, Harry stepped in and took over.  What a shock it will be if the cash in the drawer doesn't match the amount on the tickets!
When the staff was too busy to man the cash register, Harry stepped in and took over. What a shock it will be if the cash in the drawer doesn't match the amount on the tickets!
Talette seemed to be pleased with the turnout, even if we did sort of all hit at once.  In fact, she summoned a bunch of ROMEO'S outside for a group pic.  Here's one for the wall!!
Talette seemed to be pleased with the turnout, even if we did sort of all hit at once. In fact, she summoned a bunch of ROMEO'S outside for a group pic. Here's one for the wall!!
There was a lot of this going on on the street outside Talette's.  On a nice day like today, no one seemed to be in a big hurry to leave.
There was a lot of this going on on the street outside Talette's. On a nice day like today, no one seemed to be in a big hurry to leave.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
lindad608

Re: Lunch 11 AM, July 30, Talette's Cafe, Tonganoxie, Ks

Post by lindad608 »

Thanks MICK for all you do.