Lunch 11am May 21st Williamsburg, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 11am May 21st Williamsburg, Ks

Post by bucky »

:D :D Well the lunch in Whiting came off great. Half the guys showed up at 10, and Mike and his group came in at 11. We all got fed and had a good talk out front.
Next week the 21st we will head to one of the ROMEO'S best places.
Guy and May's
Williamsburg, Ks

See ya there
Bucky :lol: :lol:

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
(added by Parkville Rider, Romeo Map Genie)
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11am May 21st Williamsburg, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

I posted the ride report so late for the Whiting lunch that it bumped this week's post down. Since Bucky is out of town, I'll see if this reply bumps it back to the top!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Bucky is always right. This is one of our favorite places, as evidenced by the fact that 50 motorcycles graced Main Street of Williamsburg, centered around Guy and Mae's Barebutt Barbecue! Based upon the number of two ups and one four-wheeler, the number was probably up around 60. Nothing like temps in the low 70's, a central location and one of the best BBQ joints around to draw a big crowd.[attachment=25]DSCN3495.JPG[/attachment][attachment=24]DSCN3471.JPG[/attachment][attachment=23]DSCN3472.JPG[/attachment][attachment=22]DSCN3473.JPG[/attachment][attachment=21]DSCN3474.JPG[/attachment][attachment=20]DSCN3475.JPG[/attachment][attachment=19]DSCN3476.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN3477.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3478.jpg[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3479.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3481.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3482.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3483.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3484.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3485.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3486.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3487.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3488.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3489.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3490.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3491.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3492.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3493.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3494.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3496.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3497.JPG[/attachment]
There were a lot of people still hanging around when I left. There are big pie decisions to be made when you're riding out of Williamsburg. Appeared to me, and a lot of other ROMEO's, that it was a great day to be one.
Attachments
This place doesn't look famous, but when you get inside you realize you're in the right place!
This place doesn't look famous, but when you get inside you realize you're in the right place!
The street scene outside of Guy and Mae's.
The street scene outside of Guy and Mae's.
Due to my granddaughter's 8th grade graduation ceremony this morning, I had to ride on 4 wheels today and my wife joined me for her first  Eastern Kansas ROMEO lunch.  She had barely hit the street when Harry started making his signature move.
Due to my granddaughter's 8th grade graduation ceremony this morning, I had to ride on 4 wheels today and my wife joined me for her first Eastern Kansas ROMEO lunch. She had barely hit the street when Harry started making his signature move.
Dennis had this seat all to himself this morning.
Dennis had this seat all to himself this morning.
Bill picked a good place to "pass the time".
Bill picked a good place to "pass the time".
The sign on the door said Antiques.  Must pertain to people outside too.
The sign on the door said Antiques. Must pertain to people outside too.
DSCN3476.JPG
Looks like lots of guys enjoying the sunshine
Looks like lots of guys enjoying the sunshine
DSCN3478.jpg
"Spyder Ryders"
"Spyder Ryders"
The newest edition, 2014 3 cylinder. Very nice.  In fact, there were two of these the same color in attendance today.
The newest edition, 2014 3 cylinder. Very nice. In fact, there were two of these the same color in attendance today.
Bucky and Bill explaining to my wife that every ROMEO needs a cruiser, a dual sport, and a sport bike.  I thought she bought it until I asked her about it in the car on the way home.
Bucky and Bill explaining to my wife that every ROMEO needs a cruiser, a dual sport, and a sport bike. I thought she bought it until I asked her about it in the car on the way home.
DSCN3483.JPG
I checked these out and found a hundred dollar bill up there someone must have left by mistake.  So I brought it home so no one would take it.
I checked these out and found a hundred dollar bill up there someone must have left by mistake. So I brought it home so no one would take it.
DSCN3485.JPG
DSCN3486.JPG
Randy rode way out here to Kansas just to demonstrate how we do  the large combo.  Nice work Randy!
Randy rode way out here to Kansas just to demonstrate how we do the large combo. Nice work Randy!
Before.
Before.
After.
After.
They must have stopped voting in 2007, because if there's better ribs in Franklin County since then, I'd sure like to know where they are??
They must have stopped voting in 2007, because if there's better ribs in Franklin County since then, I'd sure like to know where they are??
DSCN3491.JPG
DSCN3492.JPG
Told you it was Bare Butt Barebeque.  Just the pork, not the server.
Told you it was Bare Butt Barebeque. Just the pork, not the server.
This is one of the two servers who got 60 of us in and out in about an hour.  Thank you ladies.
This is one of the two servers who got 60 of us in and out in about an hour. Thank you ladies.
No city business today, just ROMEO business.
No city business today, just ROMEO business.
Apparently in Williamsburg, even if you're hunting a small buffalo, you still need a big gun.
Apparently in Williamsburg, even if you're hunting a small buffalo, you still need a big gun.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
hoser

Post by hoser »

Another fine ride report, Mick. Appreciate that. Hoser
I don't want a pickle, just wanna ride my motor sickle