Lunch 10 to 11am May 14th Whiting, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 10 to 11am May 14th Whiting, Ks

Post by bucky »

:D Guys and Gals........I just had the best $4.00 breakfast sense 1984. Seriously, you will love this place. Breakfast or lunch, both good and at a good price. Plus you can carry on a conversation with someone clear across the room. That's the drawback, it's a bit small. So I would like half of you to go at 10am, and half at 11am. Larry and his group at 10am. Mike and his group at 11am. There is benches out front to chew the fat on for those waiting for a seat. I promise the wait will be worth it.
Whiting Cafe
Whiting, Ks
785-873-3125

See you there
Bucky :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
(added by Parkville Rider, Romeo Map Genie)
TomK

Re: Lunch 10 to 11am May 14th Whiting, Ks

Post by TomK »

Seems we went there a couple of years ago and they had a fried chicken special that would be hard to beat anywhere! Hope she has that again and that I can make the ride!!
swanee

Post by swanee »

Hey Tom if we've been there as a group I missed it that time but I know from experience the food is good :!:

On big turnout days the Romeos have put a load on places that could probably fit this little cafe in their cold storage so the idea of eating in shifts is a good one 8-)
TomK

Post by TomK »

Swanee, seems "we" were there several years ago, like maybe 6+, and it shutdown at least once in the meantime. Hope we help them and that they can sustain business. We won't do that for them but we give 'em a short boost.
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Well, if there's a better day in Kansas to ride than today, I don't know when it would be. No wind, slightly overcast, temps in the high 50's/low 60's makes for a pretty darn good day to ride. ROMEO's are a pretty well behaved bunch. Bucky asked for half at 10 and half at 11 and that's about what happened. There were 24 in attendance today and that was perfect for the 20 seat Whiting Cafe.[attachment=19]DSCN3451.JPG[/attachment][attachment=18]DSCN3449.JPG[/attachment][attachment=17]DSCN3446.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3447.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3448.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3450.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3452.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3453.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3454.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3455.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3456.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3457.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3458.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3460.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3465.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3467.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3461.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3462.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3463.JPG[/attachment]Rumor had it that there is a new Indian dealer in Olathe. So after pie at Hilltop Grocery in Easton, Keith and I proceeded to ride to Olathe to find out. Turns out the rumor was true.They put up the temporary sign yesterday and got their first 11 Indians in today. They were just starting to uncrate the first one when we were there. It also turns out that my Indian was the first one in the parking lot so they took a picture of it for their Facebook page.[attachment=0]DSCN3469.JPG[/attachment]As far as I'm concerned, it was a great day to be a ROMEO.
Attachments
This says it all.
This says it all.
This is how you know you're there.
This is how you know you're there.
DSCN3446.JPG
DSCN3447.JPG
DSCN3448.JPG
Nothing gets your day off after breakfast like a nice stogie.
Nothing gets your day off after breakfast like a nice stogie.
Hoser was in the house.  Primo parking right in front.
Hoser was in the house. Primo parking right in front.
DSCN3453.JPG
Nice place to sit and watch the world go by.  I'm sure right after I took this that one of those gentlemen offered the lady a seat.
Nice place to sit and watch the world go by. I'm sure right after I took this that one of those gentlemen offered the lady a seat.
DSCN3455.JPG
Believe it or not, this is a working elevator.  There were two guys "working" there who stood in that door to the left leaning on a shovel and watching the ROMEO's do what we do for about 45 minutes.  And we watched them back.  Only difference, they didn't get to leave on motorcycles. But I guess that's fair.  We didn't have shovels to lean on either.
Believe it or not, this is a working elevator. There were two guys "working" there who stood in that door to the left leaning on a shovel and watching the ROMEO's do what we do for about 45 minutes. And we watched them back. Only difference, they didn't get to leave on motorcycles. But I guess that's fair. We didn't have shovels to lean on either.
Rolling in.
Rolling in.
Harold, Jr. has been holding out on us.  None of us had seen this bike until today.  Didn't know that Harold had that "day of the dead" vibe going.
Harold, Jr. has been holding out on us. None of us had seen this bike until today. Didn't know that Harold had that "day of the dead" vibe going.
Roger had his new tires in the trunk.
Roger had his new tires in the trunk.
Bucky was trying to get Harold to pick up Roger at the shop and then ride two up with Jr. on the back.
Bucky was trying to get Harold to pick up Roger at the shop and then ride two up with Jr. on the back.
I wish I could have recorded the conversation between those two, but somewhere in there Harold commented on Bucky's "hen house ways", and when he left he mention Hen House Buck!  The conversation was worth the ride to Whiting.  Nevertheless, he convince Roger and Jr. to ride "two up". It was cozy.
I wish I could have recorded the conversation between those two, but somewhere in there Harold commented on Bucky's "hen house ways", and when he left he mention Hen House Buck! The conversation was worth the ride to Whiting. Nevertheless, he convince Roger and Jr. to ride "two up". It was cozy.
Money doesn't grow on trees, but plastic wheat does in Whiting.
Money doesn't grow on trees, but plastic wheat does in Whiting.
This business didn't cater to ROMEO's and look what happened to it.
This business didn't cater to ROMEO's and look what happened to it.
Jr. had his summer haircut.  Santa is keeping his winter one.
Jr. had his summer haircut. Santa is keeping his winter one.
This is located at about 128th and Rogers, east of I35 just across from Rawhide Harley.  Looks like I better get a part-time job with this easy access to Indian accessories. Met the staff and they are a really nice bunch of folks and are interested in hosting a Romeo function there as soon as they're up and running.
This is located at about 128th and Rogers, east of I35 just across from Rawhide Harley. Looks like I better get a part-time job with this easy access to Indian accessories. Met the staff and they are a really nice bunch of folks and are interested in hosting a Romeo function there as soon as they're up and running.
Last edited by schoolmaster on Wed May 14, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
ibowhunt

Post by ibowhunt »

Great write up, Mick. It really was a perfect day for a ride. I think everyone had a good visit at Whiting also.