Lunch 11am April 9th Council Grove,Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 11am April 9th Council Grove,Ks

Post by bucky »

:D :D The weather man is giving us the perfect day this Wed. 72 degrees low wind. It don't get much better. Will be a good day to head out in the Flint Hills and see the bright green grass after the burns. I can hardly wait.
Saddle Rock Cafe
15 S 6th
Council Grove,Ks
620-767-6411

See you there
Bucky :lol: :lol:

Has anyone seen Ruth, Ruth are you OK?

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
(added by Parkville Rider, Romeo Map Genie)
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11am April 9th Council Grove,Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

Well, everyone must have noticed that temps were going to be in the high 70's and skies were going to be clear because there were A LOT OF ROMEO'S out looking for a chance to visit and eat breakfast/lunch. I usually try to get a count but there were so many bikes parked around the Saddle Rock Cafe I quickly lost interest. It was too much fun visiting and looking at all the bikes. But I would guess there were at least 50 and maybe more in attendance. The food was excellent as usual and the service was friendly and efficient. [attachment=17]DSCN3377.JPG[/attachment][attachment=16]DSCN3373.JPG[/attachment][attachment=15]DSCN3376.JPG[/attachment][attachment=14]DSCN3366.JPG[/attachment][attachment=13]DSCN3367.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]DSCN3368.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]DSCN3369.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]DSCN3370.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3371.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3372.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3374.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3375.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3378.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3379.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3380.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3381.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3382.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]IMAG0049.jpg[/attachment]After lunch there were several post-lunch groups organizing for pie, ice cream, or both. One large group was headed for Reading, another for Manhattan and Wamego. Today gave us just a taste of nice riding weather ahead after such a nasty winter for riding. I think everybody is ready. Another great day to be a ROMEO. Friday looks like another nice day to ride. I heard lots of discussion about joining SE Kansas ROMEO'S in Colony on Friday for lunch.
Attachments
Welcome to the Saddle Rock Cafe.
Welcome to the Saddle Rock Cafe.
Just in case you forgot where you were once you got inside.
Just in case you forgot where you were once you got inside.
There were so many ROMEO'S qualified to sit at this table it filled up quickly.  They probably should have just moved the sign and hung it up in the other room where every seat was occupied by a qualified ROMEO.
There were so many ROMEO'S qualified to sit at this table it filled up quickly. They probably should have just moved the sign and hung it up in the other room where every seat was occupied by a qualified ROMEO.
DSCN3366.JPG
I believe Harold Jr. had a hamburger.  What a shock!
I believe Harold Jr. had a hamburger. What a shock!
DSCN3368.JPG
Bill was really looking for someone to talk to.
Bill was really looking for someone to talk to.
DSCN3370.JPG
DSCN3371.JPG
DSCN3372.JPG
DSCN3374.JPG
I don't know what was so funny at this table but I guess that's why you had to pay extra to sit here.
I don't know what was so funny at this table but I guess that's why you had to pay extra to sit here.
Lots of bikes here...
Lots of bikes here...
…and here…
…and here…
…and here...
…and here...
…and here.  Just lots of bikes taking advantage of the great weather.
…and here. Just lots of bikes taking advantage of the great weather.
Never has so much genius been packed into such a small area.
Never has so much genius been packed into such a small area.
A few guys even conquered Mt.Mitchell today on the way for dessert.  It's a proven fact that ice cream is sweeter after mountain climbing.
A few guys even conquered Mt.Mitchell today on the way for dessert. It's a proven fact that ice cream is sweeter after mountain climbing.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
lindad608

Re: Lunch 11am April 9th Council Grove,Ks

Post by lindad608 »

What a great day. Good job on the pictures.