South-Central ride report for 7-1-09

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
BeemerBill

South-Central ride report for 7-1-09

Post by BeemerBill »

Bob decided (at the urging of a few), to try a breakfast ride in place of our usual lunch ride this time, mainly because of
the heat. It must have been agreeable to most, because there were 18 who signed the sheet that was passed around.
The lady at the Latham Bar & Grill seemed very glad to have us and they did their best to take of us, very friendly and
helpful. There were a few that had to wait a little while to get their food, but all seemed to enjoy the extra time telling
or listening to stories that were flowing around heavily. I think this was mainly because the ride over was cool enough that
the jacket actually felt good, which helped put everyone in a good mood. Of course anytime you're able to take a ride and
enjoy good company, it puts you in a good mood..... Afterward, most stood outside, looked at the bikes and continued with
tales of bold daring and such. A few minutes later everyone departed in heading in different directions, apparently deciding
to take the long way home this time. Our first breakfast ride of the year worked out well enough, that it looks like we'll stay
with the breakfast rides for the time being anyway. I was just starting to get warm by the time I got home and was putting
everything away. Good ride Bob.....
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude
Richard

Re: South-Central ride report for 7-1-09

Post by Richard »

Bill - Great report. I'm sure Bob appreciates the help you're giving him. I hope to make it one time if it's close enough that I can sleep in a bit later. Richard