Lunch 11am March 19th Mayetta,Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 11am March 19th Mayetta,Ks

Post by bucky »

:D :D Well thought we would head up north this Wed. Let Larry #3, and Roger have a break. They always have to go south pretty far. Plus maybe we can get Harold Jr out of hibernation. I always like going to this place, they really enjoy us coming and the food is great.
So see you at Whistle Stop Cafe
108 N. Main
Mayetta, Ks
785-966-0049
Bucky :lol: :lol:

:D :D Don"t forget to make your res in Bartlesville. Should be a fun time.

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
(added by Parkville Rider, Romeo Map Genie)
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11am March 19th Mayetta,Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

It turned out to be a beautiful day to ride although it was a bit chilly in the morning with temps in the low 40's and breezy. That didn't stop about 26 ROMEO'S from making the trek to the Whistle Stop Cafe in Mayetta. Most everyone hung around after breakfast/lunch for quite a while and visited. Later in the afternoon temps rose into the high 50's and sunny which made for an absolutely gorgeous ride home through Westmoreland for carrot cake and Dover for pie. Sorry there aren't any photos yet to commemorate the occasion but a corrupted photo file on my Android phone is wreaking havoc with the download on the ROMEO website via my MacBook Pro. It won't even allow me to email them to myself so I can post them that way. If I can correct the problem I'll download the photos later. If not, I'll chalk this effort up as a nice try. Great to see everyone today.[attachment=16]IMAG0045.jpg[/attachment][attachment=15]IMAG0044.jpg[/attachment][attachment=14]IMAG0043.jpg[/attachment][attachment=13]IMAG0042.jpg[/attachment][attachment=12]IMAG0041.jpg[/attachment][attachment=11]IMAG0040.jpg[/attachment][attachment=10]IMAG0039.jpg[/attachment][attachment=8]IMAG0037.jpg[/attachment][attachment=9]IMAG0038.jpg[/attachment][attachment=7]IMAG0036.jpg[/attachment][attachment=6]IMAG0035.jpg[/attachment][attachment=5]IMAG0034.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]IMAG0033.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]IMAG0032.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]IMAG0031.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]IMAG0030.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]IMAG0029.jpg[/attachment]

Hope to see you all in Bartlesville next week for the Spring Rendezvous. If you haven't made your reservations yet, there's still time. If you've never attended one of these events you should give it a try. It's a great time!!

If anyone needs a room at the Quality Inn and hasn't booked one yet I may be the guy to talk to. I reserved and paid in advance for a king, non-smoking room for two nights, Tuesday the 25th and Wednesday the 26th. It is non-cancellable and non-refundable, and due to some health issues I have been dealing with, I'm going to be at the hospital for a couple of days next week and unable to attend the Rendezvous. Since my room is pre-paid they won't give my money back but will allow someone else to check in with my permission. The room was 63.99 + 9.28 tax per night or $146.54 total. If you're interested in staying in this room for $60 a night total that would give you a better deal and help me not to lose the whole amount. If so, give me a call at 785-760-0999 or email me at mlowe@sunflower.com and I'll give you the details.
Mick
Attachments
Glad to see us come, glad to see us go!  They did a nice job of taking care of us.
Glad to see us come, glad to see us go! They did a nice job of taking care of us.
Just like Cheers!
Just like Cheers!
IMAG0043.jpg
Looked like a good parking spot for the new Indian!
Looked like a good parking spot for the new Indian!
IMAG0041.jpg
IMAG0040.jpg
Thought we'd break everyone in gently with pic by taking Harry's best side.  Jeff looks like he's in disbelief at what Harry's telling him.  But then again, what's new?
Thought we'd break everyone in gently with pic by taking Harry's best side. Jeff looks like he's in disbelief at what Harry's telling him. But then again, what's new?
IMAG0038.jpg
IMAG0037.jpg
Mick doesn't know what he's gotten himself into.  Running with a pretty rough crowd of "city boys".
Mick doesn't know what he's gotten himself into. Running with a pretty rough crowd of "city boys".
IMAG0035.jpg
Harold, Jr. brought his grandson Ryan today.  Welcome Ryan.  Obviously Ryan has his grandmother's genes.  He's a pretty good lookin' kid!
Harold, Jr. brought his grandson Ryan today. Welcome Ryan. Obviously Ryan has his grandmother's genes. He's a pretty good lookin' kid!
IMAG0033.jpg
For us old guys, it's always nice to have a reminder of where we are. And it also helps if someone has to come get us and take us home.
For us old guys, it's always nice to have a reminder of where we are. And it also helps if someone has to come get us and take us home.
The glazed ham lunch special was pretty tasty.
The glazed ham lunch special was pretty tasty.
IMAG0030.jpg
That looks like a full order of Train Wreck right there.
That looks like a full order of Train Wreck right there.
Last edited by schoolmaster on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
schoolmaster

Post by schoolmaster »

Thanks to all who responded to my plea for help! Someone has agreed to take the room. Thanks again.
Mick

If anyone needs a room at the Quality Inn and hasn't booked one yet I may be the guy to talk to. I reserved and paid in advance for a king, non-smoking room for two nights, Tuesday the 25th and Wednesday the 26th. It is non-cancellable and non-refundable, and due to some health issues I have been dealing with, I'm going to be in the hospital for a couple of days next week and unable to attend the Rendezvous. Since my room is pre-paid they won't give my money back but will allow someone else to check in with my permission. The room was 63.99 + 9.28 tax per night or $146.54 total. If you're interested in staying in this room for $60 a night total that would give you a better deal and help me not to lose the whole amount. If so, give me a call at 785-760-0999 or email me at mlowe@sunflower.com and I'll give you the details.
Mick
Last edited by schoolmaster on Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
TomK

Post by TomK »

Hey Mick, sorry to hear you won't make it to Bartlesville but glad to hear maybe the Dr can figure out what is going on. We will all take a rain check on demo rides of that new Indian next time. Take care and let us know if you need any help in any way!

Tom K