Lunch 11am March 5th Baldwin, Ks

Moderator: Al Hayes

bucky

Lunch 11am March 5th Baldwin, Ks

Post by bucky »

:D Guy's and Gal's I sure am tired of winter. It looks like we might be on 4 wheels again this Wed. The long range says after March 10th we will be back to the average temps. Can't wait.
Baldwin Dinner
516 Ames St
Baldwin, Ks
785-594-3123

See ya there
Bucky :lol: :lol:

Here is the link to all scheduled Romeo Rides:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-Scheduled
(added by Parkville Rider, Romeo Map Genie)
schoolmaster

Re: Lunch 11am March 5th Baldwin, Ks

Post by schoolmaster »

As I walked around in my yard this morning, I noted coming out of the snow, two or three crocus in bloom. When I pulled into the parking lot of the Baldwin Diner this morning, I noted parked in the parking lot, like crocus, three motorcycles parked in the lot amidst a sea of sedans and pickups.[attachment=10]DSCN3337.JPG[/attachment][attachment=9]DSCN3338.JPG[/attachment][attachment=8]DSCN3339.JPG[/attachment][attachment=7]DSCN3340.JPG[/attachment][attachment=6]DSCN3341.JPG[/attachment][attachment=5]DSCN3342.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]DSCN3343.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]DSCN3344.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]DSCN3345.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN3346.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]DSCN3347.JPG[/attachment] :P This report is running a little later than usual, not because of a pie run, but because I attended Baldwin Rotary Club today after our lunch to listen my son, who is the Baldwin city manager, give a speech on the state of Baldwin City today. I guess the only concern that came from the Q & A was what could be done to stop unsavory biker gangs from having lunch in town. :mrgreen: The weather forecast looks a little better for next week. Maybe we'll see some of those photo bikes for real!!
Attachments
The first one I spotted belonged to Roger.  He's really getting the spring riding fever. You know it's darn near terminal when today he was still digging around for riding partners to accompany him to the Rattlesnake Roundup in west central Texas, a little bit southeast of Lubbock, otherwise know as the Garden Spot of the World.  Apparently they are harvesting the snakes from the garden spots around there to skin and eat.  Yep, it's been a long winter in west Texas too.
The first one I spotted belonged to Roger. He's really getting the spring riding fever. You know it's darn near terminal when today he was still digging around for riding partners to accompany him to the Rattlesnake Roundup in west central Texas, a little bit southeast of Lubbock, otherwise know as the Garden Spot of the World. Apparently they are harvesting the snakes from the garden spots around there to skin and eat. Yep, it's been a long winter in west Texas too.
The next motorcycle I spotted belonged to Swanee.  Look closely and you'll see he's proudly displaying his Polar Romeo sticker! The third motorcycle belonged to Mike who rode in after the photography had been completed in the parking lot.  He rode solo today, leaving Don at home.
The next motorcycle I spotted belonged to Swanee. Look closely and you'll see he's proudly displaying his Polar Romeo sticker! The third motorcycle belonged to Mike who rode in after the photography had been completed in the parking lot. He rode solo today, leaving Don at home.
This is the Baldwin Diner, apparently just under new ownership.
This is the Baldwin Diner, apparently just under new ownership.
This was the more typical view of the parking lot, more 4 wheelers than 2 wheelers.
This was the more typical view of the parking lot, more 4 wheelers than 2 wheelers.
These were the early birds, occupying the first table. Bunch of handsome devils. Mrs. Bennie didn't make it today, and he almost got into a fight with a nice older Baldwin woman when he tried to take her chair away from her.  Mine, mine, mine, I believe he said to her.
These were the early birds, occupying the first table. Bunch of handsome devils. Mrs. Bennie didn't make it today, and he almost got into a fight with a nice older Baldwin woman when he tried to take her chair away from her. Mine, mine, mine, I believe he said to her.
This was the other table, less handsome than the first.  But they are really nice boys.
This was the other table, less handsome than the first. But they are really nice boys.
The other half of the "nice boy table" without a picture of Mike, who came in late, and of course Don, who didn't come at all.
The other half of the "nice boy table" without a picture of Mike, who came in late, and of course Don, who didn't come at all.
The Baldwin contingent, who actually walked to lunch today from their houses.
The Baldwin contingent, who actually walked to lunch today from their houses.
Chicken fried chicken sandwich.  I was going to take a picture of the tuna melt sandwich special, but Bucky and Roger ate theirs so fast that I didn't have time to focus the camera.
Chicken fried chicken sandwich. I was going to take a picture of the tuna melt sandwich special, but Bucky and Roger ate theirs so fast that I didn't have time to focus the camera.
This is Keith's new Gold Wing, that's actually blue.  It would be nice if it would clear off and warm up enough to see some of these new winter acquisitions in person rather than just on their phones. Keith reports that this one handles better than the old one, however he's only sat on it in his basement and made loud humming noises like you hear when a blue, errr, Gold Wing is running. HMMMMMMMMMM.
This is Keith's new Gold Wing, that's actually blue. It would be nice if it would clear off and warm up enough to see some of these new winter acquisitions in person rather than just on their phones. Keith reports that this one handles better than the old one, however he's only sat on it in his basement and made loud humming noises like you hear when a blue, errr, Gold Wing is running. HMMMMMMMMMM.
For all those who weren't here today, here are some rules you can follow. But for the rest of us ROMEO's that showed up today, we know we're loved because all our fellow ROMEO's said so.
For all those who weren't here today, here are some rules you can follow. But for the rest of us ROMEO's that showed up today, we know we're loved because all our fellow ROMEO's said so.
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster