South-Central LUNCH Report 6-24-09

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
BeemerBill

South-Central LUNCH Report 6-24-09

Post by BeemerBill »

Darn Bob, you knocked it out of the park with this one, a real "Home-run".... You're going to have a tough time topping this one on future rides ! 15 riders decided to tough out the heat and for their reward, feasted on some very good Bar-B-Q from the "Head Country Bar-B-Q" in Ponca City. I am pretty picky about Bar-B-Q, but would have to recommend this place if you are in their area. Now for the "Topper", Bob's friend Rusty Sober was kind enough to share his time and his motorcycle collection with us. After lunch, Rusty lead us to his place where we spent a considerable amount of time checking out his fantastic collection. We all want to again thank Rusty for sharing this with us, you have a lot of great bikes there..... OK, Yes, it was a little warm, but as long as you were moving, I thought it wasn't that bad, of course I wasn't behind the fairing of a Goldwing. I was actually comfortable enough riding my Wee-Strom with my mesh jacket on, plenty of air flowing. I ended up covering 231 miles over all which I am sure there were several others that would have topped that easily.... OK Bob, that's two very good rides you have chosen so far, what's next ?
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude