Summer Rides

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
Klem

Summer Rides

Post by Klem »

Ole John and I have discussed a lap around Kansas ride for a couple of years now and never get any farther than talk. The plan was a lap around Kansas visiting interesting things along the way. Spend a week of 300 or so mile days with a museum or historical site in the process.

My thoughts now are leaning more toward day trips. Chuck did a few and were successful. Possibly if we followed the Romeo format of setting a destination and meeting time we could ride in small groups or singles and meet as we do for lunch.

Things on my list are the Air museum at liberal. The motorcycle museum at Lynsborg. If there is interest in this, chime in. I would just about bet we can find a place to eat and maybe even a slice in the process.

Klem
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
walt

Re: Summer Rides

Post by walt »

Hey Don

I'm checking out this new site so I'm letting you know I'd be interested in the around KS ride ---when the ol weather man thinks we can have some warm sunshine. Man it is real cold here in Manhattan.
Walt
shfls

Post by shfls »

Klem wrote:Ole John and I have discussed a lap around Kansas ride for a couple of years now and never get any farther than talk. The plan was a lap around Kansas visiting interesting things along the way. Spend a week of 300 or so mile days with a museum or historical site in the process.

My thoughts now are leaning more toward day trips. Chuck did a few and were successful. Possibly if we followed the Romeo format of setting a destination and meeting time we could ride in small groups or singles and meet as we do for lunch.

Things on my list are the Air museum at liberal. The motorcycle museum at Lynsborg. If there is interest in this, chime in. I would just about bet we can find a place to eat and maybe even a slice in the process.

Klem
I would be real interested in the lap around Kansas thing if it weren't for the high costs of spending a night somewhere. A night or two wouldn't be too bad, but I don't know about a week's worth. Maybe if 3 or 4 of us room together...Hmmmm.

On the other hand, day trips sound pretty good too. For me I think probably 5-600 mile round trips would be good. As the weather gets to where it is warm very early and very late would make the longer rides more enjoyable. I do like riding at night, but not if it's cold!

Yes, I think we should explore these kinds of rides. Maybe several of us could chime in with some destinations. I wouldn't be opposed to going out of state even. I'm thinking about that motorcycle museum in Iowa. I don't know if that could be done in a day or not.

DH
Time is finite...okay, time is infinite, but yours isn't!

If you can't change the people around you, change the people around you.

2004 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 (shfls)
Klem

Post by Klem »

I would think that 150 miles one way would be about as far as we would want to ride and plan on doing something in the middle and then come home. If an overnight was involved 300 miles after that a second overnight. That's just my thoughts. There is no distance limits as long as those involved agree.

klem
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough