queen wilhelmena state park

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
viffer07

queen wilhelmena state park

Post by viffer07 »

hello from san antonio.
i thought i had posted a ride and camping event to happen this month(19th thru 24ish of may) to queen wilhelmena state park arkansas. no scheduled ride or activities just point and ride.
it started with about 4 people and has since grown to about 14/15.
HEY GUYS, YOU HAVE 6 DAYS TO BE NICE TO THE BOSS. besides mom's day was just sunday, if you scored some points, drop a hint for a pass and come join us.
TomK

Re: queen wilhelmena state park

Post by TomK »

I believe the new lodge should be open now. If it is like Mount Magazine it will be very nice. The Chain Gang BMW rally is held a the park during the summer, camping sites are available too for those so inclined. FYI guys.
viffer07

Post by viffer07 »

well the riding was great (only one good day) the rest of the riding was spent in the cargo trailer/camper/ bucking bronco due to estimated 40 to 65 mph winds.
the park is being updated. the lodge is not yet open but the train should be running now.
the camping facilities are more than adequate but what really makes the park great are the camp hosts.
bill and toby glassco are really fine ambassadors to this facility.
if anyone visits the park soon, be sure to mention the boys from texas. and fix them some breakfast tacos. you'll get a nice story about the bathroom dining facility.
xpict

Post by xpict »

It did not happen if there are no pictures....no excuses.