Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 04-29-09

Moderator: Roadpounder

Richard

Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 04-29-09

Post by Richard »

Guys - I have posted this as a Central ROMEO Lunch Ride but in reality it's a 'JOINT' get-together between both the Central and Eastern contingents. The first one of the year. As many of you know, we try doing this several times a year at places we know have the capacity to handle a group as large as we are getting to be. This place claims to have seating for up to 150 although I wonder how often this has occurred and how prepared they will be if, in fact, we do have a full turnout. The weather forecast for next Wednesday looks great as far as the temperature goes but there are chances of possible showers in the forecast. Right now the optimistic side of the forecast is in our favor showing a 70 percent chance of good weather. Of course the news/weather media would like to stress the 30 percent downside but by looking at a forecast this way you really miss out on some nice riding days. I know I have!

Here's the place......
Lunch 4-29-09
Nelson's Landing
107 N Erpelding Rd.
Leonardville Ks. 66449
785-293-5661
Kim & Alan Nelson, Owners

As always................ride careful, ride safe and I'll see you in Leonardville. Richard
Richard

Re: Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride Report for 04-29-09

Post by Richard »

Sometimes things just don't work out as you have planned. I had slept in a tad knowing the guys wouldn't arrive until close to 9:00 am, our designated departure time. When I got up I did the usual morning hiegene ritual (SSS), pulled the normal riding attire from the closet, donned them and went to the garage to open it and test the weather when.........whoa.
What's up with the rain!. I milled around a bit wondering what gear to change and generally kept busy all the time feeling the 'cruds' coming on. Like Don, I have no particular delight in mucking up a completely clean and detailed machine. It's one thing to get caught in it but it's something else entirely to be foolish enough to leave in it. I was resolved however. If the guys showed up at the house to go, I was honor bound to go.
Fortunately, neither, Gary nor Paul showed up. There was really no question about Paul but I thought that Gary might have a wild spark in him that I wasn't aware of that might surface in this type of weather. Fortunately, I was saved. A little voice within was privately saying thank you, thank you. It may not have been planned exactly as it turned out but I was at peace with it. So now you know 'the rest of the story'. I'm becoming a wuss!
But, for the 10 guys that braved the weather and did show up at Leonardville, you get a Gold Star. Not the
motorcycle, the sticker!