Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4-08-09

Moderator: Roadpounder

Richard

Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4-08-09

Post by Richard »

Guys - I'm anticipating that the weather will cooperate next Wednesday and allow us a good day for a change.
I was amazed that we were able to stick our last ride to Udall in between snowfalls of recent days. The temperature was cold and the wind was fierce but the fellowship was warm and that's what counts and why I do so enjoy these lunches.
This week we will be going to a brand new little place that just opened. It's been open less than two weeks. I stopped in here 7 or 8 months ago and was told of their plans and to check back after the first of the year. I did, and they still hadn't gotten off the ground but on the way to Udall I took a quick side trip to check on them again and lo and behold, an 'OPEN' sign was in the window. I stopped in and this weeks destination is the result.
This will be one of the most unique places that we've ever been to as a group. Not only for the facility itself but the fact that we'll be somewhat on our own. No waitresses. We'll be going to the counter and picking up our own order. No big deal, you do the same thing at a fast food restaurant. It's unique and I kinda think I'm gonna have fun there.
The owner tells me she has already sunk a small fortune into the building and it's nowhere near done yet as you will no doubt notice.
I thought this might be just the shot in the arm they need to boost their spirits and help them see what they are doing for their community is a good thing. This community has been without a formal cafe, since......forever.
I stopped back on the way home from Udall again to visit and the town was astir with word out of a motorcycle gang coming to town. Don;t be surprised if the local paper, and police are out in force with cameras to capture all the happening. Nothing this big has happened here in ages, I was told. Let's not let 'em down.
We may have to eat in shifts if the seating arrangements aren't quite finished but Like I told the nice lady, we have the best and most patient group in Kansas. After all, what else do we have to do?
As far as the menu goes, it looks delicious. They have the normal array of burgers but they have a knockout B-B-Q Beef sandwich and a main menu item is their open faced sandwich with trimming and of course one of their staples is a Bierock, always a delight.
Boy, let's hope for a warm day.

Here's the place...........................................Annie's
NW Corner of the Main Intersection of town
(In the old hotel under the water tower)
Mt. Hope, Kansas 67108
316-667-2300
Marylin Fauss, Owner

As always..............................ride careful, ride safe and I'll see you in Mt. Hope. Richard
Richard

Re: Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4-08-09

Post by Richard »

Hey Rich; Today around noon myself and four others wondered over to Mt Hope to check out the Cafe, but they were not open. So we went on over to Yoder and eat at the meat store there near the off ramp. After getting back home around 3:00pm I call the lady at Mt Hope to see if they were open at all today, and she is saying that it looks like they won't be open for another two weeks. She asked if i was with the ROMEO's and i said yes i was, but i was not the person that she had talked with before about Wednesday's lunch schedule . But said that i would contact you so you might give her a ring and reschedule at a later date. She sounds like she would treat us like Royalty once she is up and running. Bob Lee
Richard

Re: Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4-08-09

Post by Richard »

Guys - As you can quite well see here, there has been a snafu regarding this coming Wednesdays lunch destination. Frankly, I had concerns that she may have jumped the gun somewhat from the appearance of the construction going on around me when I was there, but the nice lady felt comfortable that it would all come together before we arrived for lunch on Wednesday. Apparently the contractor(s) must not have had that same level of confidence and must have told her to back off a bit to allow them time to finish. So....that is what we will agree to do. I'll try to locate another little place tomorrow afternoon or Monday and notify you of the change.
Unfortunately there will be those lone folks out there among our (now over 300) membership that just won't get the word so be sure and talk this situation up so everyone will know something unusual has happened. We will reschedule this place later. It's just one of life's little burps and it can be overcome. And.... who knows, it may just be for our total enrichment. Richard