Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4-01-09

Moderator: Roadpounder

Richard

Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4-01-09

Post by Richard »

Guys - As I sit here in the chilly basement typing out this notice for next Wednesday's ride I have some weather concerns.
It's below freezing and snowing outside with, I'm guessing here, 4 inches of snow piled up next to my garage door. When I let the cat out, he took one step and turned around and dashed back in before the door closed. It's too cold for my little paws he seemed to say. And here I am, looking forward to a ride next Wednesday.... preposterous!
Yet....the weather guru seems to think it will clear up and if not be warm, at least be reasonable enough to ride next Wednesday. So, who am I to argue with weather technology? It's ON!
It's easy to get to, it's one we've been to before, it's been closed and re-opened so let's give the new owner a good start with great ROMEO attendance.
The forcast did say there may be a possibility (20%) of rain but this indicated an (80%) chance it will be perfectly dry. Are you a pessimist or an optomist!
Here's the deal........just don't wash 'yer bike yet from the trip home from Bartlesville and you have nothing to loose, right?
I'm generally an optomist but, this way I'm covered!

Here's the place.....................................D's Place
121 E. First
Udall, Kansas 67146
782-3000
Ronda Depensusch

As always...............................ride careful, ride safe and I'll see you in downtown Udall. Richard
BeemerBill

Re: Wednesday Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4-01-09

Post by BeemerBill »

I had a good time, and not a bad turn out for such a windy, cool day. I didn't get an exact count, but would guess maybe 18 shown up. Riding north or south wasn't too bad, but riding east or west, let you round off your tires a little by wearing down the sides some...L.O.L. It's good to see the Udall cafe reopened. They were VERY friendly and you could certainly tell they were glad to have us. The lady said a couple of times to most all of us, " I hope to see you again sometime, be sure to come back"..... Thanks once again Richard, for setting these up. It was great seeing you guys again.
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude