shoresr

TUES 5/29 Leeton, MO Jodi's Cafe

Post by shoresr »

Leeton Jodi's Place 001.JPG
Leeton Jodi's Place 003.JPG
Jodi's Place
600 N. Main
Leeton, MO

Get directions from our google map All the rides for this week http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

I am very excited about this lunch. As you may know a new group has joined the Romeos. They are centered out of Columbia, MO. You may have met 3 of them at Tightwad. Anyway, they were very happy when I approached them about have a combined lunch/breakfast as close as we could for each of us. I hope you will be able to come. We need to welcome these guys into the "fold". I am attaching a link to the last time we went to Jodi's. I am having trouble remembering it, but from the pictures it looks like everyone was really enjoying themselves.

Jodi's is in a very small down and the restaurant doesn't look too big. Hopefully we will have a good crowd, but not overwhelming. They serve breakfast and lunch so that should help spread things out. I wrote last time that the pancakes fall over the side of the plate and that the side of ham is big enough to split. Are you getting hungry, yet ;) But, if we have to wait that bench out front looks real comfortable. You guys are great and never complain about a wait, and I appreciate that.

The ride report from our last visit
http://www.romeoriders.com/forums/viewt ... eton#p3447

Hope to see Tuesday, Ride Safe and have a good time.

Roger
shoresr

Lunch Report 5/29 Leeton, MO Jodi's Cafe

Post by shoresr »

Sorry, I was late and missed seeing some of you guys and didn't get to visit with others as much as I would have liked to. That's just retirement, I guess ;) Plus about 45 minutes stopped by an asphalt crew and got oil everywhere except where it was suppose to by.
[attachment=10]Leeton Jodi's 2012 009.JPG[/attachment] I hope your food and service was good. From what I heard, saw and tasted it was really good. This young lady with Craig and Terry (Mid Missouri Romeos) did a outstanding job. This might have been one of those days when everyone looked calm, cool and collected on the outside and on the inside it was a hamster on a wheel. :o Jodi had taken a little time off this weekend and the girl I had talked to on Thursday had just wrote our visit on the calendar and neglected to tell anyone. Needless to say when I called to reconfirm with Jodi this morning there was a great deal of shock and surprise in her voice. :shock: So if things weren't just the way you wanted them, there might be a reason. Thanks again for your patience and understanding. Most of us have no idea what these people are going through back in the kitchen. I went back to thank Jodi before I left and it had to have been 110 degrees in that kitchen!![attachment=9]Leeton Jodi's 2012 001.JPG[/attachment]Dan said "thanks for taking my best side." :lol: Vicki said "where's Melissa? This is where I met here for the first time" :P Vicki, Melissa remembered that first meeting also, and sends her regards.[attachment=8]Leeton Jodi's 2012 002.JPG[/attachment]We had a real good turnout today. I passed the KCK gang leaving as I was coming in.[attachment=7]Leeton Jodi's 2012 003.JPG[/attachment]My bench got some use, but not as much as I thought it would have.[attachment=6]Leeton Jodi's 2012 010.JPG[/attachment]Bill brought a new recruit KIRK. Obviously not retired. Welcome Kirk, we look forward to seeing you again. Bill has missed as few lunches, taking care of Mary Lou. He says he has a new respect for all those "caretakers" out there.[attachment=5]Leeton Jodi's 2012 004.JPG[/attachment][attachment=4]Leeton Jodi's 2012 007.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]Leeton Jodi's 2012 005.JPG[/attachment]School is out in Butler and Jakaila took a break from the pool to be with her Grandpa and other Romeo friends. [attachment=2]Leeton Jodi's 2012 006.JPG[/attachment]Randy said he doesn't know whether it's the motorcycle ride or the food, that Jakaila enjoys most.[attachment=0]Leeton Jodi's 2012 008.JPG[/attachment]We enjoyed getting to know the Ride Coordinators from Mid Missouri Romeo's based out of Columbia. They are real nice guys and and we look forward to seeing them on future rides.

I took Highway 2 home. It has been resurfaced and boy was that an improvement. Hope you had a good day, too. Ride Safe and I will see you next time.
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
It is time to make your calenders and make plans to attend the ALL Romeo Picnic in Americus, Kansas++++

Romeo Picnic June 20, 2012
by Klem » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:50 pm

We have the city park reserved for June 20, in Americus Kansas. This will be an all Romeo event. Americus is a few miles Northwest of Emporia so about as centrally located as we can find. Furnish your own food and drink. Bring the spouse, kids, grandkids or even the dog if he is friendly. Will post more details as we get closer to the date. The picnic we had in Emporia last year was the largest Romeo event in attendance and it can only get better. Mark your calendar and plan on this one.

Don

Do to the expected numbers for this event, it would be a good idea to bring your own chair, blanket, or where every you would like to sit. There are picnic tables in the park but not near enough for all of us.
Attachments
Leeton Jodi's 2012 009.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 001.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 002.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 003.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 010.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 004.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 007.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 005.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 006.JPG
Leeton Jodi's 2012 007.JPG
Doug (left) Terry (center) with Bob
Doug (left) Terry (center) with Bob
Bob K.

Re: TUES 5/29 Leeton, MO Jodi's Cafe

Post by Bob K. »

A few pictures from outside and on the way home, it was good to meet Doug and Terry and visit with them. Bob K
Attachments
Population 566
Population 566
Rolling in to Jodi's Place
Rolling in to Jodi's Place
Romeo 5-29-12 027.JPG
Romeo 5-29-12 028.JPG
There was a some shade in a couple of places
There was a some shade in a couple of places
Roger, even though there was a little confusion, none of us had to lay in the yard!
Roger, even though there was a little confusion, none of us had to lay in the yard!
On the way home I was over-flown by two B-2 bombers near Warrensburg
On the way home I was over-flown by two B-2 bombers near Warrensburg
Just a marker for a car care place in Warrensburg
Just a marker for a car care place in Warrensburg
Too many Romeo rides, I don't think I could fit in it.
Too many Romeo rides, I don't think I could fit in it.
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

In our opinion, today was a perfect day for a Romeo Ride. If you hadn't mentioned it, we would not have known we were a surprise to the owners as they did their usual great job providing food and service for a lot of folks in a small place. I enjoyed meeting the Doug and Terry from the new mid-Missouri Romeo Chapter. Hope they enjoyed the rest of the KC group and got to shake some hands before leaving. Thanks Bob for the extra pictures. You found one of our favorite colorful signs adorning the walls at Jodi's. Too bad our camera is broken, or we might have recorded some more for posterity. Sorry to report, we won't be able to attend the upcoming Romeo Picnic. We will be touring in/around Matamoras, PA and depending on the weather, may even journey up the east coast into New England. Anyway, the ride on highway 2 was fantastic making our day almost perfect. Hope everyone enjoyed the ride as much as we did today. Until next time, ride everyday like it will be your last. :)

Gary & Mary
a.k.a. Parkville Rider(s)
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT
TerryBlueRT

Post by TerryBlueRT »

Roger, & all the ROMEO Riders . It was very nice to meet all of you, soo many of you came over & introduced your self to us! We really enjoyed our selves!! That was a really good lunch, They did a really good job waiting on us.
Terry G.
5504doug@gmail.com

Post by 5504doug@gmail.com »

Terry and I had a great time. You all are the best. Like Terry said, everyone introduced themselves and all are so friendly. We were the LAST to leave. Good food, nice weather, what better way to push through time....again, thanx for making us feel like we've known you for years! I see why the ROMEO Club is growing in leaps & bounds...... Doug