Greetings from Branford, FL

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
JerryM100

Greetings from Branford, FL

Post by JerryM100 »

This is an email exchange I received through the web site contact page from a guy in Florida who heard about our group. He wants to say hi to everyone! Jerry the Web Site Admin

"Our Patriot Guard writer sent us some info about the ROMEOs. I lived in Johnson County from 1952 to 1955 working for GM in Fairfax. I did not start biking till 1978 at age 51. I rode a million miles by age 75, ten years ago. GM gave me early retirement because they did not like me to bike - praise the Lord!

I still ride a 2004 Harley with sidecar and a 2002 Silver Wing scooter, which I just crashed five weeks ago and am still under doc's care, mostly for leg damage and possible clots. When I lived in Johnson County my water bill was ten times higher than my heating bill. We had our water piped in to our area. At that time, Hank Bauer was my neighbor and I lived on 71st Street Terrace, on the cul-de-sac. We had a very small population then, but my how you have grown!

I have biked from the Panama Canal to the Arctic Circle with my toy poodle, Li'l Bit and all the states and provinces in US and Canada, and a lot of countries on the way to Panama. I have had 12 Gold Wings and 9 Harleys and many dirt and enduro bikes over the years and I still love to ride and feel the wind. Hope to get out that way in a year or so, Lord willing.

Ride safe guys and girls and thanks for your group. It gives me a lift right now when I needed it most.

Jack Rossi and the gurls
swaneejack@gmail.com

Email from Jerry: Jack, Where are you from? Are you still in Kansas City?

"No Jerry, I live in Branford, Florida now and have been a resident in Florida for almost thirty years, though I spent most of them riding thru North America. I am on the Ford forum and the Chevy collectors list, as I have a 1925 Ford Model T Roadster and a 1930 Chevy pickup truck with a 194 original engine, fully restored. Rosie has a 1985 Mclaren two seater, plus my 99 Silverado SUV and 91 Dodge Ram motorhome, the twenty footer with low ceiling. Plus a trailer to haul the cars and a 20 ft Haulmark as my bike workshop. So you can see why I am trying to reduce my inventory by my 85th birthday or shortly thereafter.

Jack
swaneejack@gmail.com