Retired and riding

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
CaptK

Retired and riding

Post by CaptK »

Ottawa, Ks., retired from law enforcement. Riding an '02 Suzuki Volusia with a Voyager kit, makes staying upright a lot easier at my age. Just heard about this un-organization today. Sounds like my kind of thing, riding and food. I have been in other bike clubs but going to all those meetings but not getting to ride for the fun of it was just not getting it. It seemed that every other week they had a "ride" of some type at varying costs. I am probably getting too old for that, but riding for fun and doing it as I am able, now that's my kind of party. Are there any other Romeo Riders in Ottawa? Speak up, I'll spill some coffee on you sometime. Very glad I heard about this.
Attachments
Volusia 003.jpg
Last edited by CaptK on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Those who hammer their weapons into plow shears will only plow for those who did not.
Klem

Re: Retired and riding

Post by Klem »

Welcome Capt'K

The only cost you will find here is the meal and gas. There are a few riders from the Ottawa area. Come to Emporia tomorrow for the Picnic at Peter Pan Park.

For our regular rides you will be close for either the K.C. rides on Tuesday or the Eastern Kansas rides on Wednesday. Watch the date on the Eastern Kansas, sometimes I pick a day for weather instead of when we normally go. We usually keep our ride within 100 miles of the central spot for that group, but then we don't really have any rules so even that will very. We usually go to small towns. It helps their economy and after all the small towns are on the best roads. Feel free to join any of the groups for lunch. If you want to tell a yarn, ask about anything use General Discussions. If you want to post a ride, either yours or an organized ride, use Riding Events.

Hope you enjoy our group, wives, girl friends or riding buddies are always welcome.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
CaptK

Re: Retired and riding

Post by CaptK »

I am going to try to get to Emporia. Sounds like fun. Thanks.
Wayne
Those who hammer their weapons into plow shears will only plow for those who did not.