Another new member

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
LocoPilot750

Another new member

Post by LocoPilot750 »

Looks like a fun site. I rode for about 20 years, but gave it up completely (I thought) in the mid 80's. Decided if I was going to retire, I'd get back in again. I did retired Dec. after 42 years on Santa Fe/BNSF running freight trains west out of Kansas City, Ks. I have a few other things I like to do, and a family business that keeps me busy too, but would like to try out some short one day or less riding trips. I'm not a biker, but rather just a casual rider, and only when it's nice and only when it's fun. I'm riding a pearl white & chrome '07 HD Heritage, and we're ready to go. Dennis Garrett. Eudora, KS.
Harley 3-29-11 029.jpg
Klem

Re: Another new member

Post by Klem »

Welcome Dennis

I too retired from the Binsniff. In fact we have had more than one conversation rattling down the Topeka sub. You will find several of the old bunch at our rides, probably even some you remember. I set up the rides for the Eastern Kansas group, you will also enjoy the Kansas City group.As you have probably discovered by now this is a very loose net organization. In fact it is so loose there is no organization, no membership, no dues, no one in charge, no rules. Each group has a sucker that sets up the rides and post in on the web. If you want to go, get on your bike, or in your car, ride by yourself or bring anyone you like and join us. Be prepared to talk motorcycles, roads, trips and have a decent meal in the process. All the groups are open to anyone that wants to attend, the division is simply for convenience. Each group roughly maintaining a 100 mile radius of the home base. We usually go to small town restaurants and yes they know we are coming. We ride all brands of bikes and Harleys too. I think you will enjoy the group, pretty kick back.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
LocoPilot750

Post by LocoPilot750 »

OK Donnie, I remember now. You've been gone so long, It took me a while to figure out who you were when you responded. It'll be good to see you again. I'm sorta, kinda planning on going to Madison on Wednesday with a friend from the Williamstown area, might see ya there.
shovelmike

Post by shovelmike »

Welcome, Dennis, there are a number of railroad retirees here, I'm retired Ford. Nice Harley,my brand of choice but anything that goes on two wheels is OK with me.
Richard

Post by Richard »

What a cool center stand. First one I think I ever saw on a cruiser. I want one! Richard