Jeffery Energy Center Tour

A place to list other riding events. Anyone is welcome to announce any kind of group ride - whether it is for just a handful of riders or for a major event.
Louie

Jeffery Energy Center Tour

Post by Louie »

Hey guys, I just got off the phone with the people at the "Jeffery Energy Center" they will be expecting us for a tour at 10:30 A.M. Tuesday May 24th.I told them that the number might be anywhere between 10-50 or so guys/ Romeo's. They said that would be ok.. So, show up!

This tour takes about 1.5 hours. Afterward, maybe depending on group size or whatever, we can eat lunch locally somewhere.

This scheduled event will take place "Rain or Shine." I plan on riding my bike but, if the weather turns really bad, I will be car pooling with some of the local guys. I suggest those who are interested in this tour do the same. These sort of events have to be planned far in advance taking into the Energy Centers Scedule too. This was the best date of those I gave to them...

Directions:

About 6 miles north of St Marys on Hiway 63 you will see a sign at the entrance. Just park in the lot outside the guards gate where we will all go in at the same time when the tour guide comes to get us.

See you there, Louie 8-)

P.S. I hear this is a really good tour!
Klem

Re: Jeffery Energy Center Tour

Post by Klem »

Guys for anyone going to the Jeffery tour, I talked with the folks at Froggy's in St. Marys. They are expecting you for breakfast at 0900 hrs. Should be a good place to gather and chat before going on over to Jeffery. It should be about 15 minutes from the energy center so an easy drive over.

I talked with a lady last night that has been through the Energy center and she said it was fascinating. Thanks to Louie for taking the trouble to set this up for us and don't forget to gather for

Breakfast 0900 (or earlier) May 24, 2011

Froggy's
311 W Bertrand Ave
St. Marys Kansas

Froggy's is on the East edge of St. Marys the South side of Highway 24.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
shoresr

Post by shoresr »

I just saw this and I thought the Kansas City and Lawrence riders might want to join.

I am leaving McDonalds (I-435 and 87th St) at 8:00 on Tuesday 5/24 for the Jeffery Energy Center Tour. Everyone is welcome to join me.

We will swing by McDonalds on South Iowa in Lawrence to pick up Dave and anyone who wants to meet us there. We will leave McDonalds Lawrence at 8:45.

The tour starts at 10:30 so we should get there in plenty of time.
John English

Richard

Post by Richard »

Guys - Let me stick my two cents worth in here and offer a great big thank you to Louie who took on this project by himself and wound up with a humdinger of a special event for us! We should to this kind of thing more often!
As far as I could see it was nothing but a roaring success. Regardless of the naesayers on the weather channel, we had a marvelous ride over and didn't so much as see a drop or rain until we pulled in under the covered parking at the site. The seat showed a cloud or two may have come over while we were inside but I nefer got rained on until I was about 3 or 4 miles from home on the return trip and all that did was to guarantee that I would rinse off my bike which was in need of a wash anyway. The tour was fantastic and I would heartily recommend it to any group that you may be associated with, it's that interesting. Of course, when they turned over the coal cars and dumped 'em...that made my day right then and there!I guess I could say the day was perfect but the tour guide knows better because while I was taking a few shots for the website, the guys took off on me and left me and the two guys that came looking for me high and dry on the roof of the train init. We managed to locate the stairwell but all doors were locked on every floor so there we were locked in the stairwell. I can't believe the lack of security, Bill Wilson said if that had happened at NCRA, they would have been after us with guns! Anyway, after many a trip up and down the stairs, we found an open door to what seemed to be an employee entrance. I entered to find someone and surprosed a couple of guys who wondered how I got in there. After telling my story, they were quick to let us out. From the tour building to the train coal dump was supposed to be a short 1/4 mile walk but somehow turned into nearly a mile or so it seemed. Half way back to the main building, we spotted a rapidly approaching
Mercedes with who do you think in it?....the ever so panicked tour guide. She took one of us back by car but I must have looked to sorry for her to let me in her car for all the coal dust smeared all over me. I looked like a racoon after viewing myself upon clean up. All was well and we had a laugh afterwards so no harm was done. She did indicate that she must make it a point to watch out a bit closer when the ROMEOS come to visit.
Attachments
Picture 1400.jpg
Picture 1401.jpg
Picture 1402.jpg
Picture 1402.jpg (10.71 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Picture 1403.jpg
Picture 1404.jpg