newbie in MO

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
G'ma Jody

newbie in MO

Post by G'ma Jody »

Hi! Just heard about ROMEO riders. Fantastic idea---no dues, good food,good friends, good rides. No down side! Well, maybe one.......any riders in SW MO area? I don't have a problem riding 250 miles for lunch, but since retiring I surely don't want to have to set an alarm clock to get up that early. So, any clues as to gathering a few riders closer to Spfd?
I've been riding about 5 years. Just moved up from a V Star 650 Classic to a V Star Silverado 1100. Love me some Stars!
Ride Safe
G'ma Jody
004.JPG

Sometimes it takes a full tank of gas to get your head on straight.
Klem

Re: newbie in MO

Post by Klem »

Tag you're it.

Jody, glad to have you join us. As for the Springfield group. All is needed is for you or one of your buds to call or email a few friends and set up a lunch. If they like the setup, contact our Administrator Jerry, and he will set up a Springfield Area on the web site. All it takes is one person to be willing to post weekly. As the group grows that person will also need to contact the Cafe so they know you are coming. Once you are started just ask everyone new to spread the word, you would be surprised how fast the group will grow.

Roger (Kansas City ) does have rides to the lake area that would be reasonable for you to attend.

Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
JerryM100

Re: newbie in MO

Post by JerryM100 »

Jody,

If you like to ride, but don't like to ride THAT much, all it takes is a few friends and invite them to lunch somewhere and see how they like it. Invite them again in a week or two and have them invite a few friends and you are off and running. That's how all this got started. Once you have some friends that will ride somewhat routinely with you I can offer you a place for you (or someone) to announce the next ride. It really is simple but, obviously, pretty effective at getting people out to ride and eat.

Don't hesitate to post here, email or PM me using the little icons on the right, or send me your questions thru the contact page on the web site any time!

Jerry
Web Site Admin
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage