December 23 ride to Palm Street Pier W/Pictures

Tumbleweed

December 23 ride to Palm Street Pier W/Pictures

Post by Tumbleweed »

If you missed this ride to South Padre Island you missed a wonderful day. The weather cooperated with 74 degrees and light winds. The only compaints I heard were regarding sun burn. KC and the staff at the Palm Street Pier were short handed however, they did a great job of taking care of us. We had 22 riders and were joined by 8 more from Victoria Palms in Donna Texas. They said that they plan to join us next week for sure. Wild Bill Sanger my neighbor had is son Theo and his wife Cory in town with their bikes for his birthday and they joined us on the ride out to the island. Theo is on leave from the Army in Oklahoma and is enjoying a few days down here. Much of the conversation centered around the weather up north. Those of you up there, please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. The rumor was going around that Sweet William's wife backed over his new K1200 but no one has seen the BMW so it could not be confirmed. I hope it is just a bad rumor. After filling our bellies on shrimp and other island treats we headed out to ride back. I heard that Fox went astray on one of his short cuts and ended up in Brownsville at the Ice House. I have been told his short cuts can add up to 100 miles to a trip. I hope those of you that went with him all made it back before dark. Christmas is in full swing with the palm trees decorated in lights and santa in bermuda shorts at the mall. The traditional tamales are being prepared and a cold front is headed in our direction but of course no chance of snow. Don't miss next week for our pre-New Years ride.[
Palm Street Pier Bar and Grill on South Padre Island
Palm Street Pier Bar and Grill on South Padre Island
Cory and Theo Sanger
Cory and Theo Sanger
Great seafood and refreshments at a reasonable price
Great seafood and refreshments at a reasonable price
Attachments
22 riders joined in on the fun and sun
22 riders joined in on the fun and sun
Life is not about the number of breaths you take. Its about the moments that take your breath away!

xpict

Re: December 23 ride to Palm Street Pier W/Pictures

Post by xpict »

"The rumor was going around that Sweet William's wife backed over his new K1200 but no one has seen the BMW so it could not be confirmed."
Just rumor - bike is ok
Tumbleweed

Post by Tumbleweed »

xpict wrote:"The rumor was going around that Sweet William's wife backed over his new K1200 but no one has seen the BMW so it could not be confirmed."
Just rumor - bike is ok
Thank goodness! I hope to see it again soon. Like next Thursday in Rio Grande City. Maybe I could pick you up along the way and ride tailgunner.
Life is not about the number of breaths you take. Its about the moments that take your breath away!

xpict

Post by xpict »

Just give me a place and time to meet ... I live at 503 N Rose Ellen Circle - McAllen - 2 blocks off old 83- 2 blocks west of McColl. cell 956-802 5991
Tumbleweed

Post by Tumbleweed »

xpict wrote:Just give me a place and time to meet ... I live at 503 N Rose Ellen Circle - McAllen - 2 blocks off old 83- 2 blocks west of McColl. cell 956-802 5991
How about the Wataburger on 10th and I-83 at 10AM? I don't know if FlySpry is up that earily or maybe he could join us.

xpict

Post by xpict »

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME - C U THERE

SWEET WILLIAM - K1200GT