North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 8/31/16

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

North Central Kansas Weekly Ride 8/31/16

Post by Roadpounder »

The weather looks promising for Wednesday and I have us set up for a place that may be a little tight. They don't make reservations so it's first come first served. Their seating capacity is 55 and they requested that we arrive a little later to accommodate all of us after the noon rush. Considering that we generally stagger our arrivals it shouldn't be a problem. Since I'll have new tires on my bike my anxiety meter will be reading pretty low on this one.

WooHoo!! UPS says my front tire is on the truck for delivery. I can finally re-shoe my noble steed. I can get it done today and and the anxiety level should drop for tomorrows ride. The weather looks a little iffy. The forecast is calling for 40% chance of rain, but I don't worry too much about 40%. We're set to launch from Casey's at Ohio and Iron at 11:00. See you there.

TIME....................1:00

Here it is.............. Sommerset Hall Cafe
5701 SW DOUGLAS RD
DOVER KS
(785) 256-6223

Facebook page........https://www.facebook.com/SommersetHallC ... s/?fref=ts

Web Page.............
Sommerset.jpg
Map site.............http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

I don't know how many if any braved the weather, but I wimped out. I kept an eye on the radar right up to the time of departure, and although the rain started to dissipate, it was still going in the same direction we were planning to go. That has caused me to cut short a vacation in the past. So I'm feeling a little bummed that after all the knuckle busting I did on my bike yesterday could have waited for cooler weather. But at least it's done. Now at noon the sun is shining down with a big GOTCHA grin just increasing my depression. But on the bright side, this doesn't happen very often.

I feel a little better since just about the time I would have been about half way back to Salina yet another storm rolled through and that one would have drenched me. My apologies to anyone who may have gotten stuck in it.
Ape.jpg