woman down. Connie Hammond

Moderator: Al Hayes

lindad608

woman down. Connie Hammond

Post by lindad608 »

Connie had a spill today while going around Wyandotte lake. She will be in KU Medical Center till at least Monday. They are still doing tests. At this time we know she hurt her right ankle and knee, possibly hurt her shoulder and maybe broke a thumb. They were concerned with her neck. lots of scratches and bruises but thank goodness she was wearing her riding gear.
Phil (Connie's husband) asks for anyone wishing to contact her or see her to please wait till tomorrow (Thursday ).
She is in room 5111. below is how to reach her.
K U MED CENTER
3901 RAINBOW BLVD
KC KS. 66160
Direct # to her room: 913-588-8511, bed 2
schoolmaster

Re: woman down. Connie Hammond

Post by schoolmaster »

Connie,
I am so sorry this happened. I hope you have a speedy recovery, and will feel like joining us again soon. Your smiling face and friendly demeanor will be missed by all of us! Get well quickly!!
Mick Lowe
Lawrence, Ks.

2023 Indian Roadmaster
2022 Triumph Speedmaster
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

update.
Talked to Connie this morning. They will operate on her ankle (small femur bone broke) on Monday if the swelling has gone down. No results on her neck and back xrays yet but other info was she was in neck brace till they can check it out. Don't think her hand/thumb is broken but is in a splint. As always sounded in good spirits, what a gal.
bucky

Post by bucky »

Connie......So sorry to hear this. I know you like taking the corners fast, but you need to slow down a little. Hope they get you in good order. Can't wait to hear you tell us all about how you were just about to pass Roger.
Get well soon
Bucky
kai61

Post by kai61 »

Connie, I am so sorry to hear of your accident. Prayers said for you and your complete healing. Kai
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Ruth, Larry #3, Bill and I went to see Connie today. We had a good time joking around and just visiting. She has the neck brace off (woo hoo) and the split on her wrist is gone too. Her surgery on her foot will be Monday at 07:45. Please keep her in her thoughts and prayers.
having way too much fun with the patient.
having way too much fun with the patient.
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

Connie had her foot surgery today and said she was very happy with the surgeon and thinks it went well. She is hoping to go home tomorrow or the next day but nothing settled yet. As usual she sounded in good spirits (or maybe she had some good spirits). She thanks you all for the thoughts and prayers coming her way
lindad608

Post by lindad608 »

CONNIE IS RELEASED AND ON HER WAY HOME RIGHT NOW.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Thanks to all of you for your prayers, cards and visits! I am home now and doing alright. My husband and two sons say NO MORE MOTORCYCLE! We will see what happens. I would really hate to give up all my ROMEO friends - you are all wonderful people and it has been an honor getting to know you. It was so much fun laughing with the ROMEO friends that came to see me in the hospital - they sure cheered me up. My husband is a great nurse and is taking good care of me - he makes the best egg salad sandwiches, just wish he would learn how to fix something else! One thing I have found out is that the ground gets harder the older you get and you don't bounce as well either. Oh well, I am looking forward to getting back on my feet and seeing all of you again. Thanks again - you are the BEST!
Parkville Rider

Post by Parkville Rider »

Connie, really glad to hear you're home and on the road to recovery. As you know, everyone is welcome to the Romeo events regardless of the type of transportation. We hope to see your smiling face as soon as you are able to get out and about. Take care and teach hubby some new recipes. :P

Gary & Mary
Gary D.
a.k.a. Romeo Map Genie
Parkville MO
2014 BMW K1600GT