Wednesday Joint ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4/27/16

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

Wednesday Joint ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4/27/16

Post by Roadpounder »

For those of us who can't make it to the Spring rendezvous in Eureka Springs We will have a joint ride with the southern guys to Yoder. We've been there for Gibbo's birthday and other joint rides. When I've been there I've found the food to be great and plentiful. They have plenty of room for all of us and the service is top notch. Cinnamon rolls will be flying fast and furious.

TIME: 11:00 AM, Wednesday, April 27

PLACE: Carriage Crossing Restaurant
K-96 & Yoder Road
Yoder, KS

620-465-3612

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc
CC.jpg
CC.jpg (47.43 KiB) Viewed 556 times

The weatherman challenged me this week. The temperature was 60 when I got up and I got Leo and I ready for the ride to Yoder. We set off for the meeting spot and it was a bit cool considering I was in a Tee shirt. But I was banking on it getting warmer. I was the second one there but shortly more came in a regular pace. All told we had 9 leave from Salina. Remember the bank where I kept all the warm weather? Well I think it went bust. The only warmth we found was from the ever so rare baseball sized hole that opened up in the clouds. The temp never got much over 60 all day. Leo didn't have a very exciting ride either. He only saw one herd of cows to bark at. While on the subject of Leo. This was his first ride since he got his tail bobbed. A few weeks ago he developed a knot near the tip of his tail and the vet thought it might be cancer. Long story short, we decided to take it off. I don't know if it was cancer or not. I didn't have the extra $100 for the biopsy. I don't think I'll be taking him to the vet any more. Every time he goes, I come home with less dog. First they liberated him of his masculinity, then they opened him up and took some disks from his back. Now they took half of his tail. I think they're trying to collect enough parts to build their own Frankendog.

The Carriage Crossing did not disappoint. We arrived to find the southern group already there, so naturally all the motorcycle parking spots were filled along with a lot of the rest of the parking lot. Not to worry. They have an abundance of parking. I got Leo settled and went about snapping pictures. In the interest of time savings I set the camera on continuous shoot and just panned the lot for the outside shots. After the inside shots I checked and found I had 170 pictures. After I got home I found that Harley-Charlie had already loaded his shots on our post. Since loading mine would be largely redundant I'll forgo that for this week. Good job shooting Charlie. As usual the food and service was fantastic. I had a little difficulty choosing my meal but finally settled on the strip steak with sauteed sweet potatoes and corn. I never leave that place hungry. They're quite generous with their portions. After Leo got his portion it was time to head back home. Diesel Dave and I joined up and headed to Hutchenson for gas before hitting the road for Salina. With Dave in the lead it started out as a reasonably good ride. Remember I was in a Tee shirt and it really hadn't gotten any warmer. All went well until we got to Assaria. Mother nature had to get her last lick in and it started to drizzle. Not hard but enough that my face felt like I was enduring the attack of the killer mosquitoes, and get my lower pant legs and shirt sleeves soaked. I consoled myself in the fact that I had clean and dry clothes at home, which wasn't very far away. Dave turned off on Water Well Road. I tooted good bye and continued up 9th street and snaked my way bake home, where I was met by Fritz, who by this time was certain that Leo and I had abandoned him. Despite the trials and tribulations it was a great ride.

We had 43 sign the sheet, but we got a few from the south side sign in with us. The high mileage was a tie between Morry Flynn and Leon Krous at 76 miles. Both came from Salina.

We had riders from Salina, Hutchenson, Harrisville, Haven, Wichita, Denmark, McPherson, Lindsborg, and Canton

We were riding Honda, Harley, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Can Am, Tri, Slingshot, And Moto Guzzi. A total of 68 bikes.
Attachments
Bob tailed Leo
Bob tailed Leo
Last edited by Roadpounder on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Roadpounder

Re: Wednesday Joint ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4/27/16

Post by Roadpounder »

Chrono adjust
Harley-Charlie

Re: Wednesday Joint ROMEO Lunch Ride for 4/27/16

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos! Plenty, inside and out-
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
5x.jpg
18x.jpg
19x.jpg
b1.jpg
b2.jpg
b3.jpg
b4.jpg
b5.jpg
b6.jpg
b7.jpg
b8.jpg
b9.jpg
b10.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T