Wednesday North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 3/23/16

Moderator: Roadpounder

Roadpounder

Wednesday North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 3/23/16

Post by Roadpounder »

I let time slip away from me a little this week but I got a ride scheduled. I tried to get one of the new venues that I have on the list, but I didn't meet with any success. Either there was no answer or in one case their phone was disconnected. I'll try them again later. We haven't been to this place in almost a year so I thought I'd set it up for this week. Wednesday their special is Mexican or you can order off the menu. The weatherman promised partly cloudy skies and a high of 72, so it should be a good ride.

TIME....................1:00 PM

Here it is.............. Kountry KAFE
201 Starr Ave
Miltonvale, Kansas 67466
(785) 427-2662

Facebook page........https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Koun ... 72?fref=ts

http://bit.ly/1uLkbOc

3/23/16 I'm sitting here in my recliner, computer in my lap, a dog on each side and elbows elevated in a very unnatural position, because the dogs are demanding their lap time. This makes typing a very interesting experience. Anyway here goes. Saturday I got this week's ride set up and it seemed pretty good. Not too far away and we had not been to Miltonvale for about a year. By the time Tuesday rolled around I went to Spangles for our usual think tank when someone posed the question. "Where are we going tomorrow?" Of course I had no idea, so I opened the question to the table and I received a chorus of "Miltonvale", in unison. My memory jogged we settled on a 12:00PM departure from the Iron Skillet. Somehow I was able to remember that at least. Fast forward to this morning and I find myself jarred out of a sound sleep by two highly agitated dogs desperate to go outside. I must have turned the wrong way getting up because my head immediately started swimming and I had a less than comfortable time getting the dogs out. I sat in my recliner and as I gradually chased the bats out of my belfry the dizziness subsided. I made the mistake of telling Leo that we were going riding and from about 9:00 on he was bugging me to go. Finally the internal fog lifted and I started the final preparation and it didn't take long for Leo to pick up on what was happening. There was just a brown streak darting between the front and back doors. I gathered up all the things I needed to take along. Tooth, camera, extra batteries, water for Leo, a little cash, and of course Leo. Still the nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. With about a half hour to spare we set off for the Iron Skillet. About two thirds of the way there it hit me like a freight train. I forgot the sign in sheet. Banking on having enough time I beat a hasty retreat home to retrieve the indispensable document. Finally arriving at the Skillet we had just enough time to snap a few shots and for Leo to announce his visit in a manner which dogs are wont to do. Time to launch. We headed out 9th street and came to the end of the road where we met Bruce Shields and Rich McCall waiting to join up with us. Jumping on K81 until we came to the road to Miltonvale. Our arrival was met with the dawn patrol already there. There was barely enough parking space on the street and I managed to squeeze in between an Harley and a Kawasaki Versys. Leo and I went about doing the shutterbug thing, then I got him settled and went inside to get the indoor shots. I finally got my chance to order and the chicken fried steak sounded pretty good until I found out the vegetable was green beans which immediately unleashed my inner three year old. (I don't like green beans). I opted for the mushroom and Swiss burger. I saved a good portion for Leo and took it out to him thinking I would get a look of eternal gratitude from him. Imagine my shock when he sniffed it and looked up at me with a look that could only say "Is that all You've got?" I rather sarcastically replied that they didn't have any prime rib. What have I become when I let a 15 pound wiener dog shame me into an apology. Makes one wonder just who the alpha male is. He did, however, eat the burger. When it came time to leave I fell in with Terry, Richard and a few others with Terry in the lead. He took us down roads that I was sure were going to deposit us squarely in the middle of the Emerald City. I was relieved when we rolled into Bennington. We stopped at the store there for Richard to get his ice cream fix. I needed a stretch break anyway. After a comfortable break we mounted up and headed home. All in all it was a great ride.
If my math is right we had a total of 24 bikes with 2 riding 2 up.
The bikes represented were Honda, Harley. Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Guzzi
The towns represented were Lindsborg, Salina, Cuba, Canton, Culver, Manhattan, McPherson, Pottersburg, Chappman, and Minniapolis

Our high miler was Delbert Schriner from Canton coming 87 miles.
Just in case age starts creeping up on us.
Just in case age starts creeping up on us.
Don't Forget.jpg (69.23 KiB) Viewed 396 times
Attachments
100_0007.JPG
100_0008.JPG
100_0009.JPG
100_0010.JPG
100_0012.JPG
100_0013.JPG
100_0014.JPG
100_0015.JPG
100_0016.JPG
100_0017.JPG
Thanks for your service Kai.
Thanks for your service Kai.
100_0019.JPG
100_0020.JPG
100_0021.JPG
100_0022.JPG
100_0023.JPG
100_0024.JPG
100_0025.JPG
100_0026.JPG
100_0027.JPG
100_0028.JPG
100_0029.JPG
100_0030.JPG
100_0031.JPG
100_0032.JPG
100_0033.JPG
100_0034.JPG
100_0035.JPG
100_0036.JPG
100_0037.JPG
100_0039.JPG
100_0040.JPG
100_0041.JPG
100_0042.JPG
100_0043.JPG
kai61

Re: Wednesday North Central ROMEO Lunch Ride for 3/23/16

Post by kai61 »

For those that wanted to know where I got this t-shirt. I bought it from Roger Shorer from the Eastern Chapter of Romeo. Also Connie Hammond of the same chapter designed it. Kai

This is Rogers E-mail if you want to order the tshirt. twowheels2eat@yahoo.com
May the Son embrace you and the Wind always smile upon you…