South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, December 16, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, December 16, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

It's been a long time since we've been to Halstead, and next Wednesday looks like it's going to be a bit on the cold side. Both seem like good reasons to keep the ride in close and revisit D'Angelo's Pizzeria.

D'Angelo's has a pizza and salad buffet at lunchtime; sandwiches, burgers, chicken strips and pasta can be ordered off the menu. They have a side room that they'll open up which should hold all of us.

Halstead is only thirty-six miles from Wichita, thirty to forty minutes riding time. If it's too cold, or the ride's too short to justify bundling up, arrival by automobile is acceptable. (Although arrival via motorcycle is a lot more fun; I think I'll dig out the insulated coveralls.)

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, December 16

PLACE:

D’Angelo’s Pizzeria
247 Main St.
Halstead, KS 67056
(316) 835-3598

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, December 16, 11:00

Post by roginoz »

No way around it, it was just plain cold today. I have (I think) oil leaking past the valve cover gasket on my Honda, and the KLR is on the lift for some upgrades; the XR1200X is fun to ride, but it's not much of a cold weather bike. The tiny cafe fairing doesn't cut much wind, and my insulated coveralls weren't quite up to the job. It's a good thing that we were only thirty-four miles from Halstead.

We had twenty-one people show up at D'Angelo's, on sixteen bikes. (The softer, or smarter, people came via car; you decide...) The bikes traveled 498 miles, one-way, to Halstead. For a change, I had more miles than Gene and Ron. Charlie rode the farthest: fifty-six miles from Mulvane (and fifty-six miles home.)

Speaking of Charlie, he'll have some photos posted soon. Check back if they're not up when you read this. We're probably heading east next week, another fairly short ride. I'll get something posted in a couple of days.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, December 16, 11:00

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos here, just a very few this week. Considering it's mid-December, this was not that bad of a day to ride a bike. One of my usual riding buddies had agreed to ride, but changed his mind at the last moment, and drove a cage. I wont say who this person is, but he is in the last ROMEO photo leaning on his white pickup and his initials are Harry Droste. Oh wait, the actual LAST (not ROMEO related) photo shows what I got yesterday; grand girl! My healthy Grandaughter, Lilly Ann.
Attachments
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
0258.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T