ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 10/29/08

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
JerryM100

ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 10/29/08

Post by JerryM100 »

I miss riding now that the weather has turned against us, so I started looking at some photos I took of some of the rides and it made me think of the good times, good places, good food, and good conversations. I guess winter serves the purpose of making us appreciate what we did last year and look forward to another riding season that is still too far away.

I had to delete the post about the ride to Williamsburg because the pics got lost in the move. So here are some pics I took from the ride to Le Roy, KS on Oct 29. If you like these I will post more from some other rides.

Jerry

Note: You can click on the pics to make them larger.
Attachments
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 017.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 016.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 014.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 013.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 012.jpg
That's Don (Klem) on the right. Our fearless leader, responsible for pulling all these rides together for the last year or two for the eastern Kansas ROMEO group.
That's Don (Klem) on the right. Our fearless leader, responsible for pulling all these rides together for the last year or two for the eastern Kansas ROMEO group.
Yours truly, Jerry, trying on Larry's Tourmaster heated liner.
Yours truly, Jerry, trying on Larry's Tourmaster heated liner.
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 009.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 008.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 007.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 006.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 001.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 003.jpg
ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 002.jpg
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
lleeth

Re: ROMEO Ride to Le Roy 10/29/08

Post by lleeth »

Jerry, I enjoyed the pictures. I was going to post some pictures to, but so far I haven't figured it out .
JerryM100

Post by JerryM100 »

Larry, I hope you try it! If you do it once you will understand it and see it is pretty easy. To get started, look down below the box where you enter text in a new reply and click on where it says "Upload attachment." Then you click on the "browse" button and navigate to your pictures. Click on one of the pics and then click "open" and you will see the path displayed, then click "Add the file." You have to go thru that process for each pic you upload. When you are done you can click on "Preview" to see what it looks like, then click on "Submit" to send it.

I hope more people will send in pics of their bikes and trips, that's what makes it interesting for all of us. Anybody can just bs on email - we want to SEE stuff!

Jerry
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
shfls

Post by shfls »

JerryinKC wrote:Larry, I hope you try it! If you do it once you will understand it and see it is pretty easy. To get started, look down below the box where you enter text in a new reply and click on where it says "Upload attachment." Then you click on the "browse" button and navigate to your pictures. Click on one of the pics and then click "open" and you will see the path displayed, then click "Add the file." You have to go thru that process for each pic you upload. When you are done you can click on "Preview" to see what it looks like, then click on "Submit" to send it.

I hope more people will send in pics of their bikes and trips, that's what makes it interesting for all of us. Anybody can just bs on email - we want to SEE stuff!

Jerry
Yeah, I agree. I think it would be nice if we all posted pics of us and our bikes in the introductions section. That way we all know who's who and what we ride, and where we are from.

:idea: Also I suggest a place in both the east and central sections titled "ride reports and pictures." This could be a place for the lunch ride reports and also for individual trips and such. I think this would save a lot of work for Richard and Don when they write the ride reports...well, at least they wouldn't have to send out so many emails. Just an idea.
Time is finite...okay, time is infinite, but yours isn't!

If you can't change the people around you, change the people around you.

2004 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 (shfls)
lleeth

Post by lleeth »

Well here go's. A messy garage and the new scoot. Great riding weather also. Larry
Attachments
IMG_1743.JPG
shfls

Post by shfls »

lleeth wrote:Well here go's. A messy garage and the new scoot. Great riding weather also. Larry
Thas what I'm talkin' bout! If we can put the faces with the names, I think it'll be a lot more fun. For instance... Larry, I knew the name, but couldn't place the face or the bike(s). Now I can remember some of the conversations we've had.

Forget that messy garage. I just admire the fact that you now have 3 bikes from which to choose. How nice is that! I'd be extremely happy to have two. I'll never get rid of the scooter unless it just dies and gets to expensive to repair. Can't trade it in...too many miles, not enough dealers, etc..etc...

I hope to be able to purchase another 2 years worth of warranty, but I'm afraid it may cost too much. I'll be inquiring about that soon enough.

DH
Time is finite...okay, time is infinite, but yours isn't!

If you can't change the people around you, change the people around you.

2004 Aprilia Scarabeo 500 (shfls)