South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 11, 11:00 AM

roginoz

South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 11, 11:00 AM

Post by roginoz »

Please note that we're meeting on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. I believe that we're all old enough to have been taught what that means. Hopefully, we've passed that knowledge on. There has been no shortage of conflicts since the “war to end all wars;” it seems each generation has seen at least one. As you ride to join the group next Wednesday, take a moment to remember all those who didn't return to enjoy the fruits of their sacrifice, and appreciate those who are still with us.

Time to move west, south, or both. It's been over six months since the group met in Anthony, so how about Kristy's? The pizza and salad buffet is good (and quick,) and the sandwiches (which take a bit longer) are excellent. Everyone seems to like the food, it’s a nice trip down there, and the staff and locals are always friendly.

It's about sixty miles to Anthony from Wichita; a nice ride if the weather is good, and not too far to drive if it isn't. Right now it looks like Wednesday will be a decent day to ride; time to get out and enjoy some of the good fall riding weather while it lasts.

By the way: If you want a ROMEOs shirt or a patch, send me an e-mail (there's a link at the upper right of this post) and I'll bring it with me.

TIME:

11:00 AM, Wednesday, November 11

PLACE:

Kristy’s Kafe
110 W Main St
Anthony, KS 67003
(620) 842-3722

MAP:

Gary has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:

http://mapq.st/1FGty7L
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
roginoz

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 11, 11:00

Post by roginoz »

I'm a little late posting again; I had to sort out some computer issues this time...

We had nineteen ROMEOs, on ninteen motorcycles, in Anthony today: a bunch of Harleys, two Goldwings, and one guy fighting the wind on a KLR650. (It was Bill, not me, this time.) It was a good day for a heavy bike, as the winds must have been thirty or thirty-five mph. (Which makes for 105 mph if you're heading into it at highway speed.)

The pizza buffet was good, as was the salad bar. Kristy's was ready for us, and got everyone fed pretty quickly. Brian and I followed Gen. Bob on the trip back to Wichita, which turned out to be about twenty miles farther than the trip out. Despite the wind, it was a good ride out and back; no rain, and fairly warm for mid-November.

Charley (who was pleased at the preponderance of Harleys at today's ride) will have some photos posted soon, now that my report is up. Check back if they don't follow this post when you read it.

I'll get next week's ride posted in the next couple of days. It looks like good weather may return by next Wednesday, but I'd like to check the forecast for a couple of days before we plan on it.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Harley-Charlie

Re: South Central Lunch Ride: Wednesday, November 11, 11:00

Post by Harley-Charlie »

Photos, wish I had more snaps of all 19 bikes, but the wind was pushing me to get on my HARLEY (one of the many) and ride home.
Attachments
5842.jpg
5838.jpg
5847.jpg
5851.jpg
5853.jpg
5855.jpg
5861.jpg
5863.jpg
5838 bw.jpg
Charley on a Harley.
Photography fanatic and Harley-Davidson snob :D
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure.
If you don't take the time to do it right, you'll find the time to do it twice.
Harley-Davidson - 2018 Ultra Limited, 2016 Dyna Street Bob, 2014 Sportster 1200T